CSS Arkansas running the Union Squadron above Vicksburg

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

graught

Cadet
Even though I still have some work to do on this, I have reached a spot where I am comfortable enough to not overly critique myself to death on it. More Illustrative than historically accurate, I tried to balance both. If you have some technical info to share that will help me improve the model, by all means share. If you are a rivet counter, you will find countless hours of nit picking fun as I hastily finished this image to get it into a show so I have left a lot of things undone. Other than that , I hope the image brings you some enjoyment. It created quite the buzz at the show from some southern guys that were pretty Civil War savvy.
cssarkansasfinalweblrg.jpg

CPT JB

Private
I love the painting. Being from Arkansas that is my favorite Gunboat. Very good painting

bdtex

Brigadier General
Silver Patron
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Regtl. Quartermaster Chickamauga 2018 Vicksburg 2019
Even though I still have some work to do on this, I have reached a spot where I am comfortable enough to not overly critique myself to death on it. More Illustrative than historically accurate, I tried to balance both. If you have some technical info to share that will help me improve the model, by all means share. If you are a rivet counter, you will find countless hours of nit picking fun as I hastily finished this image to get it into a show so I have left a lot of things undone. Other than that , I hope the image brings you some enjoyment. It created quite the buzz at the show from some southern guys that were pretty Civil War savvy.View attachment 316426
Very nice. Not sure how I missed this when it was first posted.

Spectacular !

You have created one of the best images of the CSS Arkansas I've seen.

From the original descriptions I've read, this is the most accurate image that corresponds to "first hand" accounts of what the Confederate Ironclad actually looked like!