CSS Arkansas 1/96th scale resin model build (2018)

Couple touch up's on her and she'll finally be finished. Flags up! Merry Christmas Y'all.

View attachment 215285
Tut!! Nice job on the finished product, but the shadows of the pic makes it seem out of focus even when you click on the image to enlarge. I thought you were gonna get cloth flags that didn't stick straight out like the ones shown pictured, that is, at rest while at anchor? They do look nice, I really like the national flag!!!

Tut!! Nice job on the finished product, but the shadows of the pic makes it seem out of focus even when you click on the image to enlarge. I thought you were gonna get cloth flags that didn't stick straight out like the ones shown pictured, that is, at rest while at anchor? They do look nice, I really like the national flag!!!

They are cloth JP, the solution I used was trying to run the colors so I did a very light solution on them. There static I know, but didn't want to ruin them.

@jude Hey I found a kit at a reasonable cost to bash into the USS Signal. This one is a rare bird man. If you decide you don't want, it I'll bid on it.

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338579798&icep_item=192781301632

Also some plans I did find for other steamers which look similar to USS Signal:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Last edited:
@jude Hey I found a kit at a reasonable cost to bash into the USS Signal. This one is a rare bird man. If you decide you don't want, it I'll bid on it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RIVER-QUEE...h=item2ce2a93780:g:USQAAOSw5-hcIH6P:rk:7:pf:0

Also some plans I did find for other steamers which look similar to USS Signal:

View attachment 218076

View attachment 218077

View attachment 218078

View attachment 218079
Man that would be a perfect one to make into the signal but I can’t afford anything rite now just after Christmas. Thank you so much for thinking about me that’s very nice of you. I’m also in the process of getting some cypress wood to make a full size cannon so it may be a while before I can work a ship. Thanks again I really appreciate it a lot.

Need a little help with this one. Seems I have located a Old painting of CSS Arkansas but not sure of Artist. Please look at Images and see if this is authentic. Thanks.

View attachment 212538 View attachment 212539
View attachment 212540
View attachment 212541
View attachment 212542

Hello Tut 11,

You've made a beautiful model of the Arkansas and I really love this painting. I have seen other apparent eye-witness sketches of the Arkansas and another 'folk-style' painting of her in the Confederate Museum in New Orleans. What is consistent about all of these images, either drawn or painted, are the proportions of the hull to casemate, the forward placement of the funnel, the gunport covers, boat placement and the ram bow. Even Walke depicted the Arkansas as sitting higher than the Cairo class. That affirms her design as being intended for seagoing operations. You've got something special there; hold on to that painting.

All the best,
Bil

Thanks Bill, sadly I didn't get the painting as it was an auction and I lost. I'm in hopes that it will pop up in a article somewhere as it did seem authentic.

Back