Creating layers in civil war period photos and illustrations

mnor

Private
I have redesigned an earlier project of mine and it is now available for view. I have been taking civil war period photo's and illustrations and creating layers in the image. I then create an animation which shows the layers and gives the image a 3d look. I would be Interested in what the members here think about my work... good or bad. If there is a particular photo or illustration that you would like to see done in this way, just let me know and I'll put it on my list. Contact me via email at: [email protected] or just leave a comment on this thread.

Here is the link: http://affinityprojectsllc.com/WEB3D/index.htm
It is a free site, and there are no ADDS on any of the pages.

Look forward to all of your feedback. Ron Minor

Last edited:
They play button didn't work for me. I am interested in seeing you work. Anyone else have a problem with the play button?

Last edited:
They all worked for me! Cool stuff!. Although, I am scarred from the evil look of the pudgy drummer boy...he's staring into my soul and I don't like it

Thank you for sharing this. I've never seen anything quite like it before, and I appreciate the way the animation draws the eye into the photos. It looks like a lot of work goes into just a single animation. How long does it take you to produce one?

They all worked for me! Cool stuff!. Although, I am scarred from the evil look of the pudgy drummer boy...he's staring into my soul and I don't like it
He does have look like he is mad about something.
They play button didn't work for me. I am interested in seeing you work. Anyone else have a problem with the play button?
Sorry to hear about your issues with the play button. I have noticed that when you press play, the file begins to download to your computer. Sometimes it shows the progress bar of the down load and sometimes not. It may take a bit if time to download. It should play once it is done loading. I never tested the plug-in that I'm using in other types of browsers.

Still nothing. I'm using Safari. Maybe that's why?

Sorry to hear about your issues with the play button. I have noticed that when you press play, the file begins to download to your computer. Sometimes it shows the progress bar of the down load and sometimes not. It may take a bit if time to download. It should play once it is done loading. I never tested the plug-in that I'm using in other types of browsers. I'll try Safari and see if I have the same issue.

Thank you for sharing this. I've never seen anything quite like it before, and I appreciate the way the animation draws the eye into the photos. It looks like a lot of work goes into just a single animation. How long does it take you to produce one?

The most work is creating the various layers. Depending on the view being shown, I have to create/clone parts of the scene to fill in for the layer being moved. Most of the images can be done in one day. I try various movements/directions to get the most out of the 3d effect.

The boy on the right looks really mad. Don't know if it is because his bugle is dented, or he just mad because he didn't want to have his picture taken.

try hitting the full screen button, mine didn't work until I did that... Pretty awesum effect
thanks for the feedback. I'll have to test this in other browsers and see what the issue is. I'm using a plug-in that comes with Xara Web designer for the playback. I'll have to check their forum and see what they have to say about it.

thanks for the feedback. I'll have to test this in other browsers and see what the issue is. I'm using a plug-in that comes with Xara Web designer for the playback. I'll have to check their forum and see what they have to say about it.
I'm also using safari and the full screen button didn't work either.
Thanks for checking on it for us.

Good stuff....................Maybe everyone need to wait for the animation to finish downloading first? Wait for the blue bar to extend all the way to the right first, then it will play.

Back