Could This Hat be Mistaken For a Confederate kepi?

I agree with the others, your co-workers are just giving you a hard time, definitely no similarities between that and a Confederate kepi. Cool profile picture btw Chattahooch33, I'm in the far left of that picture, it was from the NPS film shoot at Chickamauga a few years back.

Awesome. I was there also but didn't get in that shot.

I was thinking more on the lines of this fellow's hat...

ffffffff_zpsquida0w1.jpg

Attachments

• ffffffff_zpsquida0w1.jpg
    ffffffff_zpsquida0w1.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 23
Bee,
Just give your co-workers a menacing look and say, "Ve have vays of making you talk"!

I guess I should have taken a picture with my P38 & this hat :smile:

The last time I lost my temper at work, 2 bales of packing peanuts were victimized during an office "peanut war" ; it made such a mess that the darn things tracked all over the building (something akin to Tribbles on the Enterprise")

Bee, I will say this, and I am no expert, but the hat style resembles a German WW 2 hat from the Africa Corp. IIRC ............or at least what I have seen in the movies, but I think those were tan in color. By no means is it, it just is similar in style.........

Something similar to the ones below...........

View attachment 92507 View attachment 92508

Respectfully,
William
This was exactly my gut reaction, too. I wasn't going to mention it because Bee's cap is not a ringer for it, but there are some similarities.

I have a problem. Long before I started studying the Civil War, I was wearing THIS hat (see below). Everywhere. Now, since everyone at work has seen my face stuck in CW books, they are teasing me mercilessly by chanting "I Wish I Were Was in Dixie" every time I wear this hat. It is really starting to test my anger training :stomp: because I pride myself in bee-ing a student, not a participant in the war (I have no relations that were involved in the war) Now the employees are laughing that I better not take this hat to Gettysburg!

My question: Could this hat be mistaken for a Confederate kepi at a distance??

View attachment 92456
It looks more like Fidel Castro's, or Che Guevara's hat to me.

Reactions: Bee
@Bee, wear what you like. Laugh with your co-workers. Do your Bee thing, you know? :smile: They either tease you because they like you, or if not, they'll get bored and move on.

I get teased all the time. Two things I don't do:

1) Show irritation (that just encourages some jerks)

2) Change what I'm doing.

I bet that hat looks great on you!

Bee, that is a great hat, much better than the usual caps that never fit my head properly. I wished I had one like this - with all consequences I would proudly endure! Where did you buy it?

This is funny; the replies are making me smile.

I ordered the hat through REI.com and it is made by a company called Sunday Afternoons (it comes is sizes SML) I wear a M -- which fits a 7 1/8 @mikekj because it is also adjustable in the back (little pull-string) Also, it comes in black, too (which I have, but it's hotter)

@Bee, wear what you like. Laugh with your co-workers. Do your Bee thing, you know? :smile: They either tease you because they like you, or if not, they'll get bored and move on.

I get teased all the time. Two things I don't do:

1) Show irritation (that just encourages some jerks)

2) Change what I'm doing.

I bet that hat looks great on you!

Miss LoriAnn, you are always guaranteed to say the kind and right things -- sort of an elixir for the harshness of day to day existence.

I am pretty certain that my co-workers (employees) like me, because I drained my savings account during the recession, so that I could keep everyone on the payroll :smile: (it's used everything for me from now on) One of them actually rescued me when I ran out of gas at midnight out in the sticks. I am my own worst enemy: a perfectionist bordering on control-freak.

I pride myself in bee-ing a student, not a participant in the war (I have no relations that were involved in the war)

Well Bee I think that maybe you'd enjoy being a participant more then you might think... I can see you love hats & in my experience those who do also love costumes & dressing up in period garb.

Therefore may I suggest that you go all out & get into full Civil War regalia? If you've never had the experience I suggest you try at least once & chalk it up as another "student" of the civil war experience.

You can find units portraying Federal or Confederate. BTW many of us do both.

There are lots of females now reenacting & many units will outfit you with a uniform for your first time (if only time) out. This way you can participate without spending a fortune. Our unit was actually co-founded by a husband & wife years ago so that she could participate on the field. Other units at that time had by laws excluding female participation other then as civilian.

If ever your interested this is a link to the unit web page:

http://www.4thmarylandlightartillery.com/

I love hats to, each one seems to have a personality. Keep wearing em'!:wavespin:

I can see you love hats & in my experience those who do also love costumes & dressing up in period garb.

You nailed that one:

1. I have a HUGE hat collection (love them!)

2. I participate in Renaissance faires whenever possible :smile:

BTW: nothing against reenactors by my original comments, beecause I really want to see such a sight (those pictures that James N put up got me interested...in seeing a good-looking guy in a uniform)

Back