Could Morgan's Raiders Really Have Used This?

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
When I was a child both my Grandmothers told family stories and about their relatives. I sure wish I had written them down back then but was to young and just didn't know the significance of them. As I have researched my family, things they told me come back and now make sense. I am glad they told me things and now I can begin to apply them to my research.

DixieRifles

Captain
Member of the Year
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
My father was in the RAF for over 30 years starting just after WW1, so he had a great collection of tales.
Oh wow! That’s my 3rd favorite history. I have a collection of history books on WW1 aviation and booklets on various WW1 aircraft and their color schemes.
During the 1960’s, there was a small booklet published in UK called Profile Publications. I think I have all of the ones about WW1 aircraft.

When I was a child both my Grandmothers told family stories and about their relatives. I sure wish I had written them down back then but was to young and just didn't know the significance of them. As I have researched my family, things they told me come back and now make sense. I am glad they told me things and now I can begin to apply them to my research.
I feel exactly the same way. So many of the threads I've been reading have triggered memories of stories from my elders and it's amazing how they fit together and support the history.

CyleKostello

Private
Neat story regardless of the veracity! Absolutely agree with the folks saying write it down. Always loving hearing these family legends.
I've been trying to nail down the story of how a far distant ancestor escaped slavery and joined the USCT. However every family member seems to have a slightly different version of the story!

Neat story regardless of the veracity! Absolutely agree with the folks saying write it down. Always loving hearing these family legends.
I've been trying to nail down the story of how a far distant ancestor escaped slavery and joined the USCT. However every family member seems to have a slightly different version of the story!
Yet the kernel of truth we find in in all their stories is what keeps us entertained 150 years later as we try to track down records of what really happened! Let's give a cheer for record keepers ☺ I also think our elders were trying to tell us "life is hard but don't give up." If our ancestors can push through hard times so can we 👍