Discussion Corinth Mississippi Civil War Show This Weekend

ucvrelics

Colonel
Forum Host
Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
The Col. W. P. Rogers SCV Camp is having their annual CW Show & Sale this weekend in Corinth MS. @redbob and I will be in attendance and will be firing the Field Gun on Sat at 10,12,2 & 4 and at 11 & 1:30 on Sunday. It looks like we will have most of the BAND (Shiloh muster staff) @Ole Miss @16thAL and @MS2623 there as well. If you haven't made any plans be sure to stop by and see us. Its always a great show with most of the major dealer as well as some awesome displays as well.

1617662194949.png

16thAL

Sergeant
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Shiloh 2020
The Col. W. P. Rogers SCV Camp is having their annual CW Show & Sale this weekend in Corinth MS. @redbob and I will be in attendance and will be firing the Field Gun on Sat at 10,12,2 & 4 and at 11 & 1:30 on Sunday. It looks like we will have most of the BAND (Shiloh muster staff) @Ole Miss @16thAL and @MS2623 there as well. If you haven't made any plans be sure to stop by and see us. Its always a great show with most of the major dealer as well as some awesome displays as well.

View attachment 396620
Can't wait !

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
Living in the Ark-La-Tex I've never been to a CW relic show. I don't think I've ever heard of one in Texas, I think the closest one to me is the one in Vicksburg. At least closest I know of.
Pure Civil War only shows are getting rarer and rarer, with other wars entering the show picture. For example, at the last AGCA Show, there were only 4 Civil War related displays whereas there once would have been 25 or 30.

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
Pure Civil War only shows are getting rarer and rarer, with other wars entering the show picture. For example, at the last AGCA Show, there were only 4 Civil War related displays whereas there once would have been 25 or 30.
Well in Jefferson near Tom's abode we have a Civil War Symposium that usually has vendors selling relics, (actually more displaying than selling), and a LOT of books. I reckon its the closest to what we have, but it won't last. The imbeciles that run it insist on covering the SAME subject every year, the Red River Campaign, which after this many years has grown beyond stale to me.

A couple years ago I asked the gentleman who runs if they were ever going to do anything different, he replied "Oh yes this year we're focusing on something completely different." I got excited ready to fork over some de niro to join in, then he said "We're focusing on the Battle of Pleasant Hill!" which I was ready to punch him for saying something so idiotic as that was part of the Red River Campaign!

Rusk County Avengers

1st Lieutenant
It is sad isn't it? About these shows getting rarer, I hope it never happens to gun shows as well. Why can't people who don't like "politically incorrect" crowds just not attend and leave us alone?
I think it has more to do with what people can make money selling than politically correct nonsense. CW relic collecting is more a niche compared to the legions of people who collect WW2 stuff.

Billw12280

Sergeant
I wish I could make it to some of the shows around the country.. We have a pretty large show here in Mansfield Ohio. The focus is on Civil War but the relics and displays range from Revolutionary War era through the Vietnam War and some newer stuff as well. I love to go and just look around, they have 3 or 4 large buildings for vendors, Artillery demonstrations throughout the day, a field hospital display, an Abraham Lincoln reenactor who does the Gettysburg Address and a band that plays Civil War era music. They have also had a building set up with WWII reenactors, vehicles, ordnance, etc. It's a great time if you are ever in the area around the first of May, I highly recommend it.

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
I wish I could make it to some of the shows around the country.. We have a pretty large show here in Mansfield Ohio. The focus is on Civil War but the relics and displays range from Revolutionary War era through the Vietnam War and some newer stuff as well. I love to go and just look around, they have 3 or 4 large buildings for vendors, Artillery demonstrations throughout the day, a field hospital display, an Abraham Lincoln reenactor who does the Gettysburg Address and a band that plays Civil War era music. They have also had a building set up with WWII reenactors, vehicles, ordnance, etc. It's a great time if you are ever in the area around the first of May, I highly recommend it.
As far as I know, the Mansfield Show is still on in May.

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
If you are at the Corinth Show this weekend, stop by and say hello; it's always good to put a face/real name with an avatar.

redbob

Major
Regtl. Staff Shiloh 2020
By the way @redbob , I still have that red cooler
When Richard is at a show, he is all business; however afterwards he is good ole Richard and full of mischief. BTW, I'll be the designated cannon hauler for the trip, I've pulled those guns further (and faster) than I ever pulled any of Uncle Sam's-I drive and he keeps me entertained with stories of his very interesting life- there's never a dull moment when the Richard and Bob Show is on the road. :dance: