Corinth, Kentucky Campaign and Perryville Resources

gjpratt

First Sergeant
After reading the new books on the Tullahoma Campaign and learning how very much I did not know, I started thinking about other gaps in my knowledge and understanding of Western Theater operations. So I am looking for recommendations for the best books and resources for the Battle of Corinth, The Kentucky Campaign and Perryville. All input greatly appreciate.

I've found very useful the several issues of the now-defunct Blue & Gray magazine that cover those topics. Their maps in the later issues are unsurpassed and help understand complex campaigns and battles. We just had our annual CWT Gathering in Corinth and I remember the issue on the town and battle(s) still for sale and available in the NPS visitor center there. While vacationing in Kentucky two or three years ago we likewise found issues on Perryville and Richmond. There was a five-issue series they produced concerning the entire Chickamauga Campaign that of course included Tullahoma. I believe they can also be found online; our mod @bdtex should know.

Back