Owner & Webmaster
- Apr 1, 1999
- Martinsburg, WV
All text, images, and other content appearing on CivilWarTalk.com are copyrighted by their respective owners, and have been used in accordance with applicable U.S. Copyright laws. No unauthorized reproduction of the materials on this site, either whole or in part, is permitted, unless otherwise posted. Redistribution or commercial use of this material is prohibited without the express written permission of the Webmaster. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information contained herein, this web site is provided on an "as is" basis with no warranties, either express or implied.
Responsibility for content contained within message board posts made by registered users resides solely with the author who is expected to abide by all website policies as well as by all local, state, and federal laws. Views contained therein are strictly the opinions of the author and are not officially sanctioned by CivilWarTalk.com. Individuals who do not follow the site policies on CivilWarTalk.com are subject to disciplinary action as specified within the Rules & Proper Etiquette of the American Civil War Forums.
Notification of Copyright Infringement To report suspected electronic copyright infringement originating at CivilWarTalk, please notify the designated agent as per the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Public Law 105-304:
The DMCA requires that notification of claimed infringement be through written communication and contain the following information [17 U.S.C. 512(c)(3)]:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed.
- The location of the material in sufficient detail that CivilWarTalk.com can locate it.
- Contact information, such as address, phone number, and, if possible, e-mail address so that CivilWarTalk.com can contact the individual issuing the complaint.
- A statement that there is a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material addressed in the complaint has not been authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information contained within the notification is accurate and that, under penalty of perjury, the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
GNU Free Documentation License (GFDL)
Where noted, some parts of CivilWarTalk.com contain content licensed under GFDL (ie: Wikipedia). Articles and images posted under this license are labeled as such, permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify these documents and/or images under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License, Version 1.2. For more information about documents licensed under the GFDL please read the following document: GNU Free Documentation License
For more information about Wikipedia content and copyright issues, please read the following document: Wikipedia:Copyrights
Public Domain Images & Documents
Some content at CivilWarTalk.com is Public Domain content. In most cases, this means that it was published in the United States prior to January 1, 1923 or that its first publication anywhere in the world was prior to January 1, 1909 or that its copyright expired in the United States.
Some documents and/or images may be the work of a soldier or sailor or employee of the U.S. Army, or U.S. Navy, taken or made during the course of the person's official duties. As a work of the U.S. federal government, the documents and/or images are in the public domain.