Cook Awards for Authentic, Period, Recreated and History Threads for Nov. 16 thru 30, 2018 and Month

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
best cook.jpg

The Food Forum for Authentic, Recreated, Period and History Threads is pleased to announce the Cook Awards for Nov. 16 thru 30, 2018. We had so many great threads and posts. Thanks to all for adding their recipes and information on the foods involved.

The winners are:

Anna Elizabeth Henry for "Fairy Butter".

Eleanor Rose for "Old-Fashioned Mulled Wine Jelly", "North Carolina Lemon Milk Pie" and "Parkin".

lelliott 19 for "Improved Method for Boiling Coffee: 44th New York Infantry".

John Hartwell for "Deportment at Table".

JPK Huson 1863 for "Gingerbread Men, The Story Behind Our Annual Mass Cookie Carnage".

Congratulations to all of them and thanks so very much.

Last edited by a moderator:
Plus, I keep forgetting to look at the other food forum with modern recipes!

I think a lot of folks do. Maybe we should occasionally tag a line on at the end of an authentic post reminding folks to take a look at the Modern Forum. I've noticed the views for those recipes is quite low compared to when they were all in one place.

BTW, I love the gif you shared in your post. Too cute!

How do you keep up with all of these, Donna? It can't be easy especially with keeping track of Modern v. Period, nice job!

Admit to not browsing your modern recipes- it's not lack of appreciation, honest! Personally impatient when using recipes, tend to make mine up unless say, baking powder or yeast amounts are required. A person can make a big bag of useless without a few things measured well. Problem with inventing one's own recipes is not writing it down.... which is generally the case.

Thanks for your award and much congrats to all winners! Have a big batch of batter intended for gingerbread men in the ' fridge as we speak. Just occurred to me, you couldn't pay me to tell you how it was made, tweaked a few things but er, didn't write down what and how much. Will let you know how they come out. :angel:

Back