Cook Awards For April 16 thru 30 and for Month of April, 2016

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
The Food Forum at CivilWarTalk is pleased to announce the cook awards for April 16-30 and the month of April. Again, we had many recipes and posts on foods. They were all excellent.

The winners for April 16 thru 30 are:

James B, White for his numerous authentic recipes and posts, to include:
Salt Pork
Scalloped Tomatoes,
Fried Cucumbers
Buttermilk Bread.
James thanks so much for these. They add so much to the Food Forum.

@Legion Para for Simple Dumplings and Clabber: Sour Milk.

@Anna Elizabeth Henry for Baked Scotch Eggs.

Congratulations and thanks to all for these recipes and posts.

The April winner is James B. White for his excellent recipes and post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Donna's forum has really been busy with great threads! Missed most of these at the time, how crazy. Now need to print quite a few for my mother. Donna allows help, since she's so busy, have her awards for the second half of April.

With all the blossoms out and bushes growing, made me think of berries and fruit, Donna's Food Forum Spoon, cyber prize for this part of April is a set of Sheffield, Dixon jam spoons, circa 1890's.
donna jam spoons.JPG

And the Cook of the Month cyber award is a silver butter dish, made me think of it because Nana still used hers in the morning, for toast. Fresh jam, home made bread and cold butter? Nothing better. Just habit.

Wish they could be real!

James B White !!!!
for

,Salt Pork
Scalloped Tomatoes,
Fried Cucumbers,
Buttermilk Bread

Thanks very much for giving the forum a veritable cookbook in one sitting, and such attention to detail! Many congratulations on these awards from CWT Food Forum, with much thanks!

With all the blossoms out and bushes growing, made me think of berries and fruit, Donna's Food Forum Spoon, cyber prize for this part of April is a set of Sheffield, Dixon jam spoons, circa 1890's.

donna jam spoons.JPG

Donna likes to acknowledge one member each month who has contributed an especial amount in time , thought and content. This month she chose you. Thank you very much for all the contributions and congratulations on being chosen Food Forum's Cook of The Month.

Donna's cyber award, for Cook of The Month is an antique silver butter dish, Sheffield plate by Ashberry, 1852

Legion Para !!!!!!!!!!!
for
Simple Dumplings
and

Clabber: Sour Milk

Thanks very much for your contributions in the Food Forum, they were hugely appreciated! Who knew what on earth ' clabber ' meant? Now we do! Congrats on being presented Donna's Food Forum Cyber prize for this part of April! Hope to see you back!

donna jam spoons.JPG

Anna Elizabeth Henry !!!!!!!!!
for
Baked Scotch Eggs

Another recipe we can use for breakfast- with butter and jam! Thanks very much for bringing this here! Who can't be happy about another recipe for a good egg?

Congrats on being chosen for Donna's Food Forum cyber prize, wish it were real! With all the blossoms out and bushes growing, made me think of berries and fruit, Donna's Food Forum Spoon, cyber prize for this part of April is a set of Sheffield, Dixon jam spoons, circa 1890's.
donna jam spoons.JPG

Congratulations to everyone for their great contributions! And James B White thank you so very much for all your wonderful period posts! They're so informative! :geek:

Anna Elizabeth Henry !!!!!!!!!
for
Baked Scotch Eggs

Another recipe we can use for breakfast- with butter and jam! Thanks very much for bringing this here! Who can't be happy about another recipe for a good egg?

Congrats on being chosen for Donna's Food Forum cyber prize, wish it were real! With all the blossoms out and bushes growing, made me think of berries and fruit, Donna's Food Forum Spoon, cyber prize for this part of April is a set of Sheffield, Dixon jam spoons, circa 1890's.

View attachment 98995

Wow! Another stellar prize! Love the spoons. Good thing I'm stocked up on silver polish! :cool:

Back