Cook Award Winners for Feb. 1 thru 15

donna

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
The Food Forum at CivilWarTalk is pleased to announce the Cook Award Winners for Feb. 1 thru 15. There were so many great posts and recipes.

They Are:

@andy for "Links to Period Cookbooks".

@JPK Huson 1863 for "What Mrs Fisher Knows About Old Southern Cooking".

@Anna Elizabeth Henry for "Valentine's Day Fudge Brownies", "Longevity Noodles for Chinese New Years", and "Maryland Crab Cakes".

@bekosh for "Wisconsin Beer Battered Fried Fish".

@MRB1863 for "Salmon Dijon"

Congratulations to all and thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great bunch of winners and winning threads Donna! Thanks so much, as ever, for taking the kind of time and attention you do with all this. Since you allow me to help, your cyber-prize for Feb. 1 through 15, since it includes Valentine's Day, is a French Rococo antique silver jewelry box.

SO lucky your cyber-budget is bottomless, isn't it? The auction house listed this at a little over 5K, so a very nice cyber-prize! You are so generous during the holidays!

cupid1.jpg cupid2.jpg cupid3.JPG

bekosh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for
"
Wisconsin Beer Battered Fried Fish".

Thanks so much for an all-year round recipe, winter to remind us of summer, summer to know what to do with all our fish ( we hope... ). Much congrats, maybe your cyber-prize will be useful for keeping your best lures in? No idea how that works, will have to figure something out. :giggle:

Cyber-antique Rococo French silver jewelry box, with cherubs!

box1.JPG

MRB1863 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
for

Salmon Dijon

Thanks so much, can congrats again for being Donna's choice! I would certainly write a non-cyber check to purchase this prize, my goodness, an instant heirloom, as it is, must make-do with an offering of a cyber- prize.

Salmon is my hands-down, all-time favorite fish, must admit, all recipes welcome. It's a little early in the day, now feel the need to go find some for breakfast! Much congrats again, and thanks!
box1.JPG

A beautiful jewelry box. One it be hard to afford.

Nice choice as always.

The kind of thing you would love to own, given the experience in these lovely, old things. I'll observe from afar, wish I had the knowledge. It's just nice there are people who are ' caretakers ' of different pieces of history, you know? It would not be something you'd own without some deep appreciation of what it is, not just because it's a lovely piece. The same could be said of the old tools in Johan's thread or old buttons or paintings. Love all of these things! Well, preaching to the choir, I know.

Anna Elizabeth Henry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
for
"
Valentine's Day Fudge Brownies"
"
Longevity Noodles for Chinese New Years"
and
"
Maryland Crab Cakes".

Much congrats for winning ' Donna's Choice ', here on the Food Forum, and thanks so much for more amazing recipes, as ever! Please accept her cyber-award, the cyber-antique French Rococo j( cupid! ) ewelry box!

View attachment 92320 View attachment 92321 View attachment 92322

What a beautiful jewelry box! Thank you JPK for digging up such a wonderful cyber prize and to Donna for her hard work on the Food Forum! :geek:

Does the jewelry box come with a lifetime supply of silver polish? :wink:

Thanks so much, can congrats again for being Donna's choice! I would certainly write a non-cyber check to purchase this prize, my goodness, an instant heirloom, as it is, must make-do with an offering of a cyber- prize.
Thank you so much for the lovely cyber-prize!!!! It will make a great place in which to keep my cyber-treasures!!!

Back