Confederaterate "Travis" gun and captured Confederate uniforms

major bill

Colonel
Forum Host
The Civil War era Detriot newspapers are indexed and I was thinking of doing someresearch in the newspaper by reading some interesting articles. There seams to be several articles describing Confederate uniforms, flags and other trophies sent home and put on display. If anyone is interested Iwill post descriptions of some of the uniforms (one describes a jacket with "MD" on the shoulder which stood for "Mad Devil", I do question if that is what the"MD" stood for.

Anyway an article will talk about the "Travis" gun Col. Minty sent to Detriot as a trophy. Not sure what a "Travis" gun looked like, but might find out.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)
The Civil War era Detriot newspapers are indexed and I was thinking of doing someresearch in the newspaper by reading some interesting articles. There seams to be several articles describing Confederate uniforms, flags and other trophies sent home and put on display. If anyone is interested Iwill post descriptions of some of the uniforms (one describes a jacket with "MD" on the shoulder which stood for "Mad Devil", I do question if that is what the"MD" stood for.

Anyway an article will talk about the "Travis" gun Col. Minty sent to Detriot as a trophy. Not sure what a "Travis" gun looked like, but might find out.
Please post!