Confederate Unit Strengths in the Atlanta Campaign (Corps, Divisions, Brigades, and Regiments)

In another thread, I asked other contributors about records of unit strengths in the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia during the Overland Campaign (Link here: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/co...gn-army-corps-division-and-or-brigade.155605/). I wish to posit the same question in regards to the Army of Tennessee at the time of the Atlanta Campaign.
I have only vague suggestions on this issue. The best I could find were the John Tiller Civil War sim game Atlanta Campaign (yeah, video games, not good source). Otherwise, I have a quote from Craig Symond's bio on Pat Cleburne that his division started the campaign at 5218 effectives (Stonewall of the West pg. 219). Albert Castel is rather vague with his numbers, saying in Decision in the West that Cheatham's Divison numbered approximately 6000 men (pg. 50), Stewart's Division approximately 4000 (pg. 225), Colonel Nisbet's 66th Georgia Regiment was about 1000 men strong (pg. 106), etc. He does gives total effective infantry (of the 7 infantry division in North Georgia) at 41279 men (pg. 106), and the army's Artillery Corps at 3227 present for duty (pg. 108); and the total men in the field ("aggregate present") at 63807, 54500 "present for duty", and 43887 "effectives" (pg. 111). These numbers are nice on their own, but they are very vague and not well broken down.
So, I ask for any more detailed numbers if they are out their. I'd like to single out @AUG and @67th Tigers as they were quite helpful on the earlier thread.
The best person to help you is Mike Banasik. He has copied the Peter Wellington Alexander papers. Alexander collected hundreds of Confederate documents after the war, mostly dealing with the war in the west. this includes strength reports And if you email me I will put you in touch with Mike. Bryce [email protected]

The best person to help you is Mike Banasik. He has copied the Peter Wellington Alexander papers. Alexander collected hundreds of Confederate documents after the war, mostly dealing with the war in the west. this includes strength reports And if you email me I will put you in touch with Mike. Bryce [email protected]
You know what? Ill take you up on that offer.

Back