Confederate statue removed today in my town

John S. Carter

Sergeant Major
It was removed don't know by who i went to a ceremony for it last year with some friends it was not part of the Jim Crow Ara either. This is in Greensboro NC in my town in a cemetery and not public setting
Do you know what they did with it?Since it was in a cemetery how could they do that without notifying the people who managed it .What will come next is not the burning of history but the editing of it by publishers ,Burning would be to threatening,editing could be done as they have done in the previous time,Like myths of our founders ,this will be the truth and as history it can be taught as truth,the black soldiers won the Civil War.If people do not think this can happen ,on of the things that the South did starting in about 1830s was to table any papers on slavery and restricted Abolitionist mail from going South,and anti ministers were fired even forced to flee.Then after the war the South developed its own interpretation of the war.So what is there to prevent it from occurring once more,Just as before you say if wont then because you say that it can/ As long as we can BLUFF those soft Yankees we will keep our system.Keep the simple people simple and the political and social high hierarchy can maintain and direct them as we desire.Threaten them with want could happen and they will not listen to reason or logic .Control thur threats and lies .Sound familiar Read the history of rebellions or revolutions read how the sheep were lead without realizing they were being lead .Some were forced upon the people then some were encouraged ,Which one was the Southern Revolution?

JD Mayo

Retired User
Do you know what they did with it?Since it was in a cemetery how could they do that without notifying the people who managed it .What will come next is not the burning of history but the editing of it by publishers ,Burning would be to threatening,editing could be done as they have done in the previous time,Like myths of our founders ,this will be the truth and as history it can be taught as truth,the black soldiers won the Civil War.If people do not think this can happen ,on of the things that the South did starting in about 1830s was to table any papers on slavery and restricted Abolitionist mail from going South,and anti ministers were fired even forced to flee.Then after the war the South developed its own interpretation of the war.So what is there to prevent it from occurring once more,Just as before you say if wont then because you say that it can/ As long as we can BLUFF those soft Yankees we will keep our system.Keep the simple people simple and the political and social high hierarchy can maintain and direct them as we desire.Threaten them with want could happen and they will not listen to reason or logic .Control thur threats and lies .Sound familiar Read the history of rebellions or revolutions read how the sheep were lead without realizing they were being lead .Some were forced upon the people then some were encouraged ,Which one was the Southern Revolution?

Probably political and it was probably put in a storage unit somewhere, my guess. We have several Sons of the Confederate veterans groups that would love to have it back.

Greywolf

First Sergeant
Seems like maybe museums or battlefields in which monuments are on federal property would be safest places, but hopefully graveyards will be spared the brunt of the damage from the mob. But I have my doubts.

John S. Carter

Sergeant Major
Probably political and it was probably put in a storage unit somewhere, my guess. We have several Sons of the Confederate veterans groups that would love to have it back.
I see nothing offensive on the stand or on the bricks that would result in removal of this statue.It was in a area which possible few people would visit very often and possible did not know of it being their.I do not know about the Sons being involved in this These soft minds extremist may want the fence ,bricks,and mount to be removed .Must have overlooked that.What will take its place .DARE we think what it would be.Nothing political just a discussion on a monument that honored Southern dead{not Confederate}

Last edited:

mofederal

Major
They moved one on Monday or Tuesday morning. in Cape Girardeau, Mo. They moved it to a cemetery in Jackson, Mo. Which is the county seat, and actually a lot of Confederate Veterans are buried there. Cape was a Union town. I am saddened to see any monument moved. Now they want to take down the Union Monument in Cape. I can't see them removing one from a cemetery. That is plain ignorant, and is uncalled for any time.

mofederal

Major
This is the memorial before it was taken down and moved. I could not find any photos of the removal, but i saw them on Facebook.

1280px-ConfedWarMemo4.jpg

Sbc

First Sergeant

John S. Carter

Sergeant Major
This is the memorial before it was taken down and moved. I could not find any photos of the removal, but i saw them on Facebook.

View attachment 365732? i
Did they remove both or did they do both/?I would have taken the soldier.Do you know if any carvin is between the flag and the dates?The mount would be less controversial and yet memorizes the Southern soldiers.In place of the statue I would place a flag of St.George .that was one of the Confederate early flags.They would not know that..Does anyone know if they have removed the star where Davis took the oath of office in Montgomery.There is also a statue on the side honoring the women of the Confederacy.

Last edited: