NF Confederate States Navy uniform's book

Non-Fiction

Klaudly

Sergeant
Hello, I wanted to point out to those interested that (after a long gestation) I managed to complete my book on the Confederate Navy.
I edited it through Amazon.com and it will be available in a few days, the book has 205 pages and is in Italian, but contains over thirty uniforms' tables, with the double language Italian/English for the caption and description.
Senza titolo-3.jpg

List of uniforms' table present in the book:

01) Confederate States Naval Academy 1864
02) Confederate States Naval Academy 1863
03) Coal heavers
04) To Sayler's Creek 1865
05) To Danville 1865
06) Confederate States Lighthouse Bureau
07) Confederate States Revenue Cutter Service
08) CSN Full Dress Uniform
09) CSN in France
10) Cold weather 2: Crew
11) Cold weather 1: Officers
12) Mobile Naval Squadron
13) Warm weather 1
14) Warm weather 2
15) Police duties
16) Break after the service
17) Office of medicine and surgery
18) CSN Jacket and sack coat
19) Bureau of provision and clothing
20) Young sailors
21) Warrant officers
22) Western waters
23) Carpentry
24) Low ranking officers
25) Engineers and Constructors
26) Petty officers and ratings 1864
27) Blue uniform: may 1861
28) Blue uniform: september 1861
29) Alternate cuff stripes
30) Blue uniform: 1862-1863

31) Insignia of ranks for Line officers: 1861
32) Insignia of ranks for Line officers: 1861-1862
33) Insignia of ranks for Line officers: 1862-1865

34) Insignia of ranks for Civil officers: 1861-1862 table A
35) Insignia of ranks for Civil officers: 1861-1862 table B
36) Insignia of ranks for Civil officers: 1862-1865 table A
37) Insignia of ranks for Civil officers: 1862-1865 table B

38) Flags of Confederate States Revenue Cutter Service
39) Flags of Confederate States Navy
40) Flags on ship
41) Calm and Storm Flags
42) Signal flags

I saw the book is now on Amazon. I am counting my pennies and plan on ordering it tomorrow. I just hope it arrives before I leave for Florida in early January. I will only be gone two or three weeks. Well maybe four weeks.

I have purchased this book and it is very detailed. There are color illustrations of the Confederate naval chaplain, light house service, and revenue service. This book is probably the only place you will find color illustrations of these uniforms.

Purtroppo Amazon (l'editore del libro), ha facoltà di cambiare il prezzo a suo piacimento. Da un paio di settimane ha cambiato il prezzo da 38€ (concordato) a 87€ !!! Devo vedere se all'autore è rimasto invariato, a me lo vendono 20€ spero non l'abbiano raddoppiato anche per me.

I do hope Amazon does not raise the price too much. I was planning on purchasing an extra copy and take it along with me to the Company of Military Historian annual convention (move to October). I planed on donating the book to the silent auction. I am not sure our overseas forum members might not understand how this works. Instead of making a donation of cash to the society, one donates an item. People put a bid on a piece of paper and place the bid in a box. The highest bidder wins the item. Silent auctions add to the fun of the meeting and you never know what you might win. Anyway, I think a few of the attendees at Company of Military Historian annual convention would be interested in the book, perhaps if they do not win the bid they might order the book.

I do hope Amazon does not raise the price too much. I was planning on purchasing an extra copy and take it along with me to the Company of Military Historian annual convention (move to October). I planed on donating the book to the silent auction. I am not sure our overseas forum members might not understand how this works. Instead of making a donation of cash to the society, one donates an item. People put a bid on a piece of paper and place the bid in a box. The highest bidder wins the item. Silent auctions add to the fun of the meeting and you never know what you might win. Anyway, I think a few of the attendees at Company of Military Historian annual convention would be interested in the book, perhaps if they do not win the bid they might order the book.

That is so nice ! :D

Back