Restricted Confederate Mass Grave Marker Vandalized

PapaReb

First Sergeant
A Confederate Mass Grave where approximately 900 soldiers are buried has been vandalized in Little Rock, AR. I cannot post a link to the story because the pictures and video contain inflammatory racial graffiti and clear pictures of the vandals faces. Hopefully they can be identified and charged.

I have said before, desecration of fallen soldiers graves is just plain evil.

The vandalism occurred at the Oakland and Fraternal Historic Cemetery in Little Rock. The granite obelisk was placed there in 1913 by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. There were also wooden markers that had been placed last year by the Sons of Confederate Veterans that were defaced.

rebracer

Sergeant
Desecration of any graves is evil, this is not a public space or courthouse square, there is not a single argument from the other side that I will consider that justifies vandalism of burial sites. What continues to worry me is that someone continues to feed these "groups" information on where things are located for them to attack, they are not thinking this up on their own. This is not about "removing a hurtful symbol", this is vindictiveness. I would say the same if this was being done to any grave in any part of the world.

I am beyond tired of this being allowed to go on, the silence by those who preach to us on these issues is noted. I am afraid that the message has been received loud and clear that this type of behavior will not be stopped so it will only continue and will spread to more things.

PapaReb

First Sergeant
Desecration of any graves is evil, this is not a public space or courthouse square, there is not a single argument from the other side that I will consider that justifies vandalism of burial sites. What continues to worry me is that someone continues to feed these "groups" information on where things are located for them to attack, they are not thinking this up on their own. This is not about "removing a hurtful symbol", this is vindictiveness. I would say the same if this was being done to any grave in any part of the world.

I am beyond tired of this being allowed to go on, the silence by those who preach to us on these issues is noted. I am afraid that the message has been received loud and clear that this type of behavior will not be stopped so it will only continue and will spread to more things.
At some point if officials don't put a stop to this foolishness, somebody else is going to step up and do it and then it will be Katie Bar the Door. Trying to avoid modern politics but I'm not paying my taxes to let the government sit on their hands while this stupidity is allowed to continue.