ENDED Confederate General Service Accoutrement Plates by Lon W Keim - SOLD!

Trader history (0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texian

Private
Confederate General Service Accoutrement Plates
1987 by Lon W Keim
Hardcover/dust cover

1st Edition? Maybe. I haven't been able to find any record of a 2nd edition but I have read reference to a limited signed edition- this is not one of those.

This is a large book, 9" in./w, 11" in./h 1" n./thk, ... 379 pages all glossy.

The book is in very good condition I'd say though I am not well versed in the technical definition of these words in book collecting.
The book's cloth cover is nearly flawless having been protected by it's dust jacket which does show shelf wear. More on that in a moment...
There is a little yellowing beginning around the pages edges.

The owner signed the first page in ink- it is not large or dark- I have included that in the photos.
Other than that, the book is in excellent condition. I have not found any other markings and
have flipped through the book extensively and have not found any other flaw but, have not looked at every page so cannot and do not guarantee there are no other markings.

The dust cover is present but worn- still, it is largely intact. There are scratches and rub wear on the jacket and a tear about 1" in. long at the side and top of the spine. The cover's bottom corners show the beginning of tearing.

The book's content is thorough. This is not a book for a winter's evening reading. Neither is it for a casual dabblers in history.
This is a serious reference book for the dedicated collector or historian who wants to get his facts straight,
the relic hunter who wants to know what he just dug up or the buyer who is interested in the same
information for his wares at the trade show. Given the proliferation of fakes and reproductions out there these days, this is an invaluable guide for the serious Confederate militaria collector.

This book is filled with B&W and photos of relics, dug or not and period photos identifying them in place,
often times with the original owner wearing them. There are detailed images and descriptions of hundreds of CSA collectibles. Now there are not many of these available out there. Of the few I have seen that are available, mine is about the cheapest one to be had.

I've describe it the best I could. Give the pictures a good going over, they will tell you more than I can.

Listed on eBay at http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338579798&icep_item=261912638659

But, feel free to contact me at [email protected] to deal directly with me. I will accept postal money orders.

Attachments

• CSA Genl Serv Plates 01.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 01.JPG
    331.2 KB · Views: 25
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 02.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 02.JPG
    288.6 KB · Views: 20
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 03.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 03.JPG
    386.9 KB · Views: 14
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 04.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 04.JPG
    135.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 05.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 05.JPG
    242.1 KB · Views: 9
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 06.jpg
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 06.jpg
    400.5 KB · Views: 51
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 07.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 07.JPG
    467.9 KB · Views: 9
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 08.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 08.JPG
    437.8 KB · Views: 14
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 09.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 09.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 11
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 10.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 10.JPG
    235.9 KB · Views: 8
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 11.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 11.JPG
    195.9 KB · Views: 14
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 12.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 12.JPG
    278.8 KB · Views: 16
  • CSA Genl Serv Plates 13.JPG
    CSA Genl Serv Plates 13.JPG
    152.1 KB · Views: 7
Hello, Moderators? Please delete this post. I am the author of it. I thought I had had it done long ago. Regrettably, I find it is still up. The book is long gone and the ad is no longer needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back