Confederate Foot Officers Sword Who made it?

TNcollector

Private
I have had this sword for a few months I bought it from a gun shop they just called it an "old sword" but I had a hunch it might be something good. I have done some looking around online and from my research it looks like either a haiman or a Dewitt. I believe this because I saw a sword for sale that looked almost identical on Arizona sword webisite which I found through Shiloh relics. I showed some pictures of it to a old timer I met at a gun show and he thought it was a Boyle and Gamble. So that made me doubt what I was thinking previously. I wanted to post it here to see what the experts have to say. Thanks again for your time.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Thanks, Rob

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    294.1 KB · Views: 329
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    326.4 KB · Views: 307
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    343.7 KB · Views: 315
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    408.7 KB · Views: 370
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    302.7 KB · Views: 322
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.8 KB · Views: 342
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    289.1 KB · Views: 327
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    346.1 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    413.3 KB · Views: 305
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    424.4 KB · Views: 309
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    307 KB · Views: 341
I have had this sword for a few months I bought it from a gun shop they just called it an "old sword" but I had a hunch it might be something good. I have done some looking around online and from my research it looks like either a haiman or a Dewitt. I believe this because I saw a sword for sale that looked almost identical on Arizona sword webisite which I found through Shiloh relics. I showed some pictures of it to a old timer I met at a gun show and he thought it was a Boyle and Gamble. So that made me doubt what I was thinking previously. I wanted to post it here to see what the experts have to say. Thanks again for your time.
View attachment 107967 View attachment 107968 View attachment 107969 View attachment 107970 View attachment 107971 View attachment 107972 View attachment 107974 View attachment 107975 View attachment 107976 View attachment 107977 View attachment 107978 View attachment 107965View attachment 107966

Thanks, Rob

Sorry for the double post. I'm new at this please look at my other thread. Maybe on of the mods can consolidate it with my other post somehow.

Last edited:
From the pommel cap it looks like a Keansville, are there any markings anywhere on the guard roman # etc

I will dig out my CS sword book and check it out. After looking at all the photos there are a few things that just don't look right.

I wish I had saved some of the photos from the one that was on Arizona swords websight they have been taken down as the sword has sold. The sword they had looked almost identical

I Have gone thru Albaughs book and the post you just put up shows the roman numerals I was referring to. There is just no way of telling without me holding, smelling and licking, yes I said licking as you can taste if it has a fake patina. I'm not going to past any judgement on just the photos as for every real CS sword there are 10 fake ones. Sorry

Are the brass rings on the scabbard one piece or do you see a break in them?

Can one of the mods fix why it's not showing the number of post and views. It's also not bumping it to the top with each new post

Back