Restricted Confederate Emblem Close to Being Removed from Mississippi State Flag

leftyhunter

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
all abo

all about the $$$$ hugh, some things never change
Why not we live in a capitalist country. Slave owners were content to let the families of Confederate soldiers starve so they could try to export cotton and make a profit. Slavery is all about making money plus something else take a guess what that is. Also demographics are changing and will continue to change very rapidly so not every one in the South will be enamored with those who fought to enslave others.
Leftyhunter

lelliott19

Brigadier General
* OFFICIAL *
CWT PRESENTER
Forum Host
Silver Patron
Regtl. Staff Chickamauga 2018
Of course the people are in favor of the change, that's who the government represents; they heard the call and honored it. This is a good thing, it will allow us to move on to better changes and movements that need to be addressed.
Do you live in Mississippi?

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
How much influence the South Eastern Conference is unknown to me. The decision is really up to the people of Mississippi, through their elected representatives or by referendum of the people of the state. Seeing I do not live in Mississippi I may have an opinion, but I do not get a vote.

huskerblitz

Major
How much influence the South Eastern Conference is unknown to me. The decision is really up to the people of Mississippi, through their elected representatives or by referendum of the people of the state. Seeing I do not live in Mississippi I may have an opinion, but I do not get a vote.
The last time the voters of Mississippi got a say they determined to keep the current flag with around 64% voting to keep it.
This time, the state government bypassed the people.

Florida Rebel

Corporal
It's nothing more than "political correctness," again. ANYTHING with a connection to the Confederacy has to go and go now. Everyone knows the people of the South love football more than anything else. As soon as the SEC told the state that it would NOT allow member teams/schools to play championship events in MS unless the flag was changed, it was "game, set and match." The politicians reacted as we all knew they would. It's "cave in time" and as soon as anyone mentions race and bigotry into a conversation, we know what will happen. The other factor is this; when it comes to the football teams in the SEC and the South, the team rosters are no less than 65% African American. These young men, like so many other people across the land, are part of the new, national movement for immediate change. And don't think for a moment that their college head coaches don't listen and respond. Like it or not, it's a different era today!

RSMorris

Corporal
As far as Ièm concerned this is the right decision. The Confederate flag should be reserved for re-enactments and soldiers graves. If people want to fly it on their own property, that is their right.

This argument no longer holds water. The left is now ripping the flags out of the ground from grave sites. They are also knocking down the the markers. Re-enactments are now being canceled all over the country. Also, very few museums are going to accept Civil War items after what happened to the Civil War Museum in Virginia a few weeks ago. Even people flying the flag on their own property are facing huge hardships to keep doing so. When anyone from the left says... hey if you get rid of this will stop doing that... don't believe it for one second.

Desert Kid

2nd Lieutenant
This argument no longer holds water. The left is now ripping the flags out of the ground from grave sites. They are also knocking down the the markers. Re-enactments are now being canceled all over the country. Also, very few museums are going to accept Civil War items after what happened to the Civil War Museum in Virginia a few weeks ago. Even people flying the flag on their own property are facing huge hardships to keep doing so. When anyone from the left says... hey if you get rid of this will stop doing that... don't believe it for one second.

Andrew Jackson is already having his statue taken down in Jackson, Mississippi.

Give an inch, they take 20 miles. I said this in 2015. I have been validated completely.