Confederate Decoration Day, Gallatin, Tennessee

CMWinkler

Colonel
Retired Moderator
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

It's Saturday. We're expecting about 25 participants and hope to have 100 or so spectators. I'll be happy to tell you the results after Saturday.
Thank you for the response and please give me a shout out on the number just curious.

80% chance of thunderstorms all day. Started the day at Lebanon for the Robert H. Hatton Camp 723 at 10 am with their ceremony at Cedar Grove Cemetery and in a downpour we had about 50 attendees. In Gallatin with rain before the ceremony we had about 60 attendees. We moved our picnic inside and fed about 45 before the ceremony. All and all, with the weather, not too bad.

80% chance of thunderstorms all day. Started the day at Lebanon for the Robert H. Hatton Camp 723 at 10 am with their ceremony at Cedar Grove Cemetery and in a downpour we had about 50 attendees. In Gallatin with rain before the ceremony we had about 60 attendees. We moved our picnic inside and fed about 45 before the ceremony. All and all, with the weather, not too bad.

A fine turnout considering the weather !!

1.jpg
1.jpg
1.jpg

Respectfully,
William

You look nothing like your avatar. :D
I'm sure it was a tremendous honor. :thumbsup::smile:

If I had a beard you might not think so. I have the same nose and hairline. I take more after mom's family than dad's.

I was honored to be the speaker in Lebanon and my speech included much about the 7th Tennessee. I am always honored to be able to defend the honor of the Confederate soldier.

Back