Confederate Cemetery Farmville Virginia

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Lubliner

First Sergeant
Farmville is also on the road that the ANV took from Petersburg to Appomattox.
The evacuation of the wounded here from Southhall Station onward to Appomattox was very well organized. Waypoints were set up for ambulance details, on to train depots, and thence to City Point by rail. Both General Grant and Meade should be praised for the arrangements made during the advance for bringing the wounded in.
Lubliner.

nc native

Sergeant
My paternal grandmother called Farmville, Virginia home when she was growing up and James Peyton Glenn in my signature was from that area. After becoming a teacher and coming to North Carolina she still had family ties to that area and kept a subscription to the hometown newspaper well into her eighties. Her brother and my great uncle J. Petyon Moore was a history professor at Hampden Sydney
College and was the main inspiration behind me falling in love with Civil War history. He overcame Polio which left him using crutches
and braces for his entire adult life to get where he was and told me many good stories and gave me books that aroused my interest not just in Civil War History but American History in general.