Company of Military Historians Online Index

The Walking Dead

Corporal
The Journal of the Company of Military Historians and it's uniform plates contain a wealth of information from Colonial times to the modern day. There is a tremendous amount of information on the Civil War.

https://military-historians.org/cmh-journal/online-index/

Currently, there are four methods of searching the index. The database contains entries for each signed article, Military Uniforms In America (MUIA) plate, and book review from Issue 1 forward. Company news items and announcements, the unsigned reviews in the Publications section, some letters to the editor, and the series of articles published under the heading “Keeping Tradition Alive” have not been included. Many articles have had keywords associated with them to improve searching. The index is updated regularly. Information on how indexing was accomplished, including information that might improve your searches, is available here.
There are four issues in each volume of the Journal. Search the online index by serial issue number to determine the contents of any specific issue. (e.g. Volume 2, Number 2 is Serial issue #6; Volume 40, Number 3 is Serial issue #159).

MP_publications.jpg

I have almost a complete set of Company of Military Historians Journals and most of the Uniforms in America plates and use the online index frequently to find information I am researching.

The Walking Dead did you know that for years the Company of Military Historians gave a special uniform plate to people who attended the annual convention? These plates are hard to come by as in most cases less than 100 were printed. To get these one has to wait to some one who attended the annual convention dies and their collection is sold off. I kind of feel like a vulture when I get these.

Great Info and Link. Thanks for sharing it.

All the back issues the the Company of Historians Journal (magazine) have been digitalized but I do not think it is widely available yet. It will have a huge amount of information about uniforms, weapons, rifles, swords, and other subjects. Sadly I do not believe it will be sold to the general public. I bought extra raffle tickets last month at the annual convention because the prize was an early copy of digitalized Journals, sadly I did not win. I also did not win the silent auction on the sword. In fact I did not win a darn thing. Still had a great time.

Back