Comm Check

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

ucvrelics

Captain
Forum Host
Welcome From THE Heart Of Dixie. Be sure to stop by the Weapons & Ammo and the Uniforms & Relics forums. read you 5 by jarhead over.

Welcome from Germany again, @Paladin6 !
That is a very nice Eagle, Globe and Anchor that you have chosen for your profile picture! How old is it? One of our co-members, @48th Miss. (also a retired Marine - if Marines ever retire!), collects those and will sure be interested to see that one!
Looking forward to reading your posts and I'm sure you will find new friends here in no time!
Faraway, sadly, the EGA avatar isn't mine. I found the photo online from some memorabilia shop some time ago. I do have a set of old school EGA's that I inherited from my father in law who was WWII/Korea era. I'm a Naval Aviator, Vietnam to Gulf War era veteran. You're right, once a Marine, always a Marine. Even now, when the flesh is weak, but the heart is still willing.

Faraway, sadly, the EGA avatar isn't mine. I found the photo online from some memorabilia shop some time ago. I do have a set of old school EGA's that I inherited from my father in law who was WWII/Korea era. I'm a Naval Aviator, Vietnam to Gulf War era veteran. You're right, once a Marine, always a Marine. Even now, when the flesh is weak, but the heart is still willing.
That's what I so admire in you Marines!!

Okay then, in case you are interested, that is what @48th Miss. answered when I told him to have a look at your Eagle, Globe and Anchor:
" looks like a ww1 officer emblem. More detailed and the rope is not molded to the emblem. Theirs are 3 price emblems."

That's what I so admire in you Marines!!

Okay then, in case you are interested, that is what @48th Miss. answered when I told him to have a look at your Eagle, Globe and Anchor:
" looks like a ww1 officer emblem. More detailed and the rope is not molded to the emblem. Theirs are 3 price emblems."
Back in the dark ages (1970) the fastest way for an enlisted Marine to get laid low during an inspection was to have the brass showing through your EGAs. They had to be coated with a flat black coating to keep the brass from showing.

Back in the dark ages (1970) the fastest way for an enlisted Marine to get laid low during an inspection was to have the brass showing through your EGAs. They had to be coated with a flat black coating to keep the brass from showing.
That's interesting! Not to abuse @Paladin6 's thread, but as a Marins brother of yours he might forgive me: why were the 1970s the "dark ages"?

That's interesting! Not to abuse @Paladin6 's thread, but as a Marins brother of yours he might forgive me: why were the 1970s the "dark ages"?
When you look back 50 years, while they may seem like just yesterday to you; but to people like my daughter and grandson you would think that there were still dinosaurs roaming the earth.

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)