Colored Picture of "Castle Hill" Beaufort SC

Smalls347

Cadet
I was wondering if anyone had or could point me in a direction to obtain a copy of a colored painting of the Cuthbert Castle Hill home in Beaufort, SC? I would love just even a pic someone took on their phone. I am trying to find a copy to give my aunt for Christmas. We know there is one at there but have no idea where it is. The home burnt down after the war and no longer stands there. We had a second "castle hill" built in Scotland and that also burnt down. Thank you!!

I was wondering if anyone had or could point me in a direction to obtain a copy of a colored painting of the Cuthbert Castle Hill home in Beaufort, SC? I would love just even a pic someone took on their phone. I am trying to find a copy to give my aunt for Christmas. We know there is one at there but have no idea where it is. The home burnt down after the war and no longer stands there. We had a second "castle hill" built in Scotland and that also burnt down. Thank you!!
Do you mean the Castle Hill Plantation?? I went their a few times as a child with grandma Ivy, she said it was her husbands heritage in SC. I was only about 5 the last time I went their as my mother disconnected me from her side of the family, and we moved to Wisconsin. I know Ivy died in ‘99, and grandpa Val passed in ‘98, my mom still has the memory cards on the fridge being held with a magnet. I would like to go back to Beaufort some time, but I don’t think I’ll ever get the chance.

I was told that Val was named after a Confederate soldier that was his grandpa and his name was Val Sanford I think.

Smalls347

Cadet
Yes! This is the same, I cannot believe a relative is out there!!!! I would love to connect and share information of the family!

Smalls347

Cadet
I just spoke with my Aunt and mom. My aunt spoke with Val about 6 years ago when my grandmother, Memaw, passed. Memaw and Val kept up over the years. He shared some photos with my aunt - one was of Frank Lasak's portrait hanging. We have a box of old photo's Val sent and quite a few do not have names on them. You might hold our answers! This is so exciting.

Yes! This is the same, I cannot believe a relative is out there!!!! I would love to connect and share information of the family!
Just send me a message! I just lost my other grandfather on the 9th of August, he met Val once, at my parents wedding, and he always had good things to say. My other grandpa was a WWII and Korea veteran and said that if he surpasses Val he will be accomplished. Well he was 92 and just beat Val by 2 years, so I think he completed his accomplishment. My mom married at 18 to my dad, and moved to Wisconsin there after, so I barely know this side of the family and feel sort of disconnected for how little I know. Would love to know more, but yeah, just send me a message on CivilWarTalk.