Colonel Walter Durelle Smith information wanted

gentlemanrob

Major
I visited a cemetery yesterday in Barnwell S.C. and came across a Colonel I am not able to find information about him. I took a picture of his grave hoping to make a profile out with it. All that is known is His name was Walter Durelle Smith he died in 1862. If anyone knows anything about him and willing to share it I would appreciate it.

As requested

IMG_2314.JPG

I did not find much about him but located this entry for his wife.
Lalla Smith (born Wyman), 1833 - 1891
Lalla Smith (born Wyman) was born on month day 1833, at birth place, South Carolina.
Lalla married Walter Durelle Smith on month day 1852, at age 19 at marriage place, South Carolina.
Walter was born on February 17 1824, in New Market, NH.
His occupation was Attorney at law.
They had one daughter: Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith).
Lalla passed away on month day 1891, at age 58 at death place, South Carolina. Link

And this about his daughter:
Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith), 1853 - 1929
Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith) was born on month day 1853, at birth place, South Carolina, to Walter Durelle Smith and Lalla Smith (born Wyman).
Lalla was born on January 21 1833, in Boiling Springs, SC or Prince William Parish, Beaufort, SC.
Helen married Charles Pease Vincent on month day 1872, at age 19 at marriage place, South Carolina.
Charles was born on December 21 1853, in Charleston, SC.
His occupation was M.D..
They had 9 children: Hugh Edward Vincent, Benjamin Wyman Vincent and 7 other children.
Helen passed away on month day 1929, at age 76 at death place, Georgia.
She was buried in 1929, at burial place, South Carolina. Link

I did not find much about him but located this entry for his wife.
Lalla Smith (born Wyman), 1833 - 1891
Lalla Smith (born Wyman) was born on month day 1833, at birth place, South Carolina.
Lalla married Walter Durelle Smith on month day 1852, at age 19 at marriage place, South Carolina.
His occupation was Attorney at law.
They had one daughter: Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith).
Lalla passed away on month day 1891, at age 58 at death place, South Carolina. Link

And this about his daughter:
Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith), 1853 - 1929
Helen Davis Vincent (born Smith) was born on month day 1853, at birth place, South Carolina, to Walter Durelle Smith and Lalla Smith (born Wyman).
Lalla was born on January 21 1833, in Boiling Springs, SC or Prince William Parish, Beaufort, SC.
Helen married Charles Pease Vincent on month day 1872, at age 19 at marriage place, South Carolina.
Charles was born on December 21 1853, in Charleston, SC.
His occupation was M.D..
They had 9 children: Hugh Edward Vincent, Benjamin Wyman Vincent and 7 other children.
Helen passed away on month day 1929, at age 76 at death place, Georgia.
She was buried in 1929, at burial place, South Carolina. Link

Thanks for sharing this awesome article. Enjoyed reading it.

Back