Co. A, The Clinch Rifles, Fifth Georgia Regiment May 10th, 1861

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
conf 5th georgia.JPG

Miller's is endlessly, ridiculously fascinating. As many times as I think I've looked through it, there's always something astonishing that was missed. This image gets to you. I don't care whether a regiment is Confederate or Union- it's thinking about the gaps in these neat, hopeful 1861 ranks by 1865. No idea why they get to me, maybe it brings home the sheer loss.

conf 5th georgia 2.jpg

Wish we had a relative of 95 pound drummer boy A.K. Clark's here or any of these men. It's always amazing meeting someone we see from these photographs.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

JPK Huson 1863

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Sorry to have repeated it, Mike! I get on binges where I try to match references seen different places ( like Clinch Rifles ) to who they were. It's just for personal satisfaction- I'm terrible with regiments. Coming across these men in Miller's, thought it was a safe source!

*sigh*. Back to ships- those I get wrong only the majority of the time.

View attachment 304040
Miller's is endlessly, ridiculously fascinating. As many times as I think I've looked through it, there's always something astonishing that was missed. This image gets to you. I don't care whether a regiment is Confederate or Union- it's thinking about the gaps in these neat, hopeful 1861 ranks by 1865. No idea why they get to me, maybe it brings home the sheer loss.

View attachment 304039

Wish we had a relative of 95 pound drummer boy A.K. Clark's here or any of these men. It's always amazing meeting someone we see from these photographs.
"...lost much of his superfluous avoirdupois.." Love it!

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)