MS Cleburne's Grave

nnealey1

Cadet
Took this trip a few weeks ago. We were on the way to Clarksdale, Mississippi for a funeral and stopped. I've always lived Patrick Cleburne. On a side note....don't get lost.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thank you for posting the great pictures. They are very good. I would think they would upkeep the grave a little better. Is the stone that weathered. I wish they would do something to clean up the stone. It looks like a peaceful place.

It was. On top of Crowleys Ridge. It was out of the way. The stone was really weathered. There is a large monument to HKM, and another for confederates in the west.

Thank you for posting the great pictures. They are very good. I would think they would upkeep the grave a little better. Is the stone that weathered. I wish they would do something to clean up the stone. It looks like a peaceful place.

@nnealey1 I've always wanted to visit his grave & cemetery, although I've heard mixed reviews on its accessibility and/or the timing on when to visit the cemetery itself, due to reportedly not being in the greatest of areas (then again, most neat cemeteries these days seem to only be in said areas, sadly). What were your thoughts overall, if I may ask? Thanks!

It is in bad area. We got lost after missing a turn and ended up crusing through a pretty rough area. One of the batteries is located right by some government housing that is in bad shape. The monument its led is really secluded and was fine. There is a road you can take that avoids you going to Helena and I missed it. That is the route I would take
If going back.

@nnealey1 I've always wanted to visit his grave & cemetery, although I've heard mixed reviews on its accessibility and/or the timing on when to visit the cemetery itself, due to reportedly not being in the greatest of areas (then again, most neat cemeteries these days seem to only be in said areas, sadly). What were your thoughts overall, if I may ask? Thanks!

Back