CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 9 - 16 - 2021

James N.

Colonel
Forum Host
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
image-11-jpg.jpg

This week's Throwback Thursday is unhappily a retread from several years back but on purpose this time. The photo was taken by my mother during our marathon Civil War Centennial Tour SIXTY years ago in July, 1961 and shows Yours Truly at the Jefferson Rock (out-of-frame at left; a more recent photo showing it below) overlook of the Potomac River and its water gap at Harper's Ferry, West Virginia. (This Wednesday also marks the anniversary of Stonewall Jackson's capture of Harper's Ferry in 1862.) Currently I'm preparing for our return there next month for the latest annual CWT Muster by "boning up" on the action there so I can hopefully conduct a coherent tour of the sites involved in the action. For more about Harper's Ferry, Jackson, and the battle there, please see:

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/the-battle-of-harpers-ferry-jacksons-greatest-victory.104193/

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia from reenactments, living history or other events or vacation or other travel that they would like to share with us is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

200-jpg.jpg