CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 8 - 26 - 2021

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Dan Bray.jpg

Once again I find it's my sad duty to utilize Throwback Thursday to note the passing of a fellow reenactor, in this case Daniel (Dan) Bray of Sherman, Texas who passed away last week at the age of 83. I didn't know Dan very well since he was even older than I am and had only been in the hobby from one side of 2000 or the other and didn't travel very far afield from the Northeast Texas area. My old reenacting associate and fellow forum member Doug @1863surgeon Garnett knew him much better from his attendance at smaller localized events like Sherman-Dennison's Log Cabin Village pictured above. Dan was an ordained Baptist minister but had retired some time before, though he usually appeared at events like this in the persona of a minister or chaplain. He was a true Southern Gentleman and though likely not well-known outside this area he will be missed by all those who knew him. RIP

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia from reenactments, living history or other events or vacation or other travel that they would like to share with us is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

Back