Announcement: CivilWarTalk Patron Update

civilwartalk

Lieutenant General
Owner & Webmaster
Goal: 10 New Patrons --- Current Record: 11 New Patrons!

cwtpatron-jpg.153812.jpg

CLICK HERE to become a Patron, subscriptions start at $12/year and $3/month!

This has been a crazy week, to say the very least. I believe this has been the busiest week CivilWarTalk has ever had, and some of the highest server loads we've ever had to contend with, so if you are finding the site slow, please be patient, we are working on an upgrade! Also, some of our added features like "Suggested Threads" are disabled due to the levels of traffic we have seen.

Not to worry, this isn't a bad thing, but I am taking measures to improve the robustness of our server and keep CivilWarTalk up and running.

Please keep in mind, I am the owner of this web site, and I do have some resources that provide funding for our expenses, but we depend on your support as Patrons to pay for our hosting. So if you are considering joining as a Patron, you can subscribe for as little as $12 per year, or $3 per month. Please consider it.

If you can't, that's okay too. We know not everyone can support the site. You need to make sure you put yourself and your family first. We appreciate everything you do, just reading our content is a wonderful way to support our site.

--------------------------------------------------------
Become a Patron of CivilWarTalk

All of our members the opportunity to become a Patron of CivilWarTalk. Instead of sending a big lump donation once a year, please support the forum throughout the year using our Patron Upgrade system.

This campaign functions like a monthly or yearly subscription, and will include various rewards depending on how much money you choose to give.

patron-upgrade-png-44425-png.153810.png

Look for the Patron Upgrades Link in your Control Panel!

CLICK HERE to become a Patron of CivilWarTalk, subscriptions start at $12 per year and $3 per month!

What are the Perks for those who Purchase a Patron Subscription?

It varies depending on how much money you choose to spend, but here are some of the perks available:
  • All Google Adsense Ads removed for an ad free browsing experience (All Patrons)
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Post Card in your mailbox
  • Get a CivilWarTalk email address for a year
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Coffee Mug
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Tote Bag
What will the Money be Used For????

Here is a short list of things I'll be using this money for:
  • Domain registration
  • Web server hosting
  • Forum software and accessory add-on maintenance
  • Basic advertising of CivilWarTalk, signs, bookmarks
  • Miscellaneous expenses like gas to drive to battlefields
  • Maintenance of current equipment like my Cameras and PC
Here are the goals that, if met, will allow me to provide new services for CivilWarTalk...
  • If I reach $500 per month:
    • I'll be able to Purchase New Camera Equipment for Video and Still Photography
    • I'll stock up on Giveaways for In-Person Meetups
    • I want to do a video tour of at Battlefield at least once per month with a Guide
    • I want to do some documentary style videos on Reenacting and Skirmishing
  • If I reach $1000 per month:
    • Create a weekly news in review blog style post on CivilWarTalk
    • Attempt to create a monthly video news review on Civil War Topics
  • If I reach $2500 per month:
    • Switch to weekly video news reviews....
  • If I reach $5000 per month:
    • Remove all Google Ads from CivilWarTalk for everyone
Please Note: If I reach a goal, and I'm able to do more for CivilWarTalk, these new features will be available to All visitors!

For Those Who Need an Alternative...

Not a member? Would you still rather contribute to CivilWarTalk the old fashioned way? Although I'd like to encourage you to register as a member and become a Patron, you can still use this page:

http://civilwartalk.com/pages/Contribute/

Last edited:

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

Jimklag

Brigadier General
Forum Host
Silver Patron

This has been a crazy week, to say the very least. I believe this has been the busiest week CivilWarTalk has ever had, and some of the highest server loads we've ever had to contend with, so if you are finding the site slow, please be patient, we are working on an upgrade! Also, some of our added features like "Suggested Threads" are disabled due to the levels of traffic we have seen.

Not to worry, this isn't a bad thing, but I am taking measures to improve the robustness of our server and keep CivilWarTalk up and running.

Please keep in mind, I am the owner of this web site, and I do have some resources that provide funding for our expenses, but we depend on your support as Patrons to pay for our hosting. So if you are considering joining as a Patron, you can subscribe for as little as $12 per year, or $3 per month. Please consider it.

If you can't, that's okay too. We know not everyone can support the site. You need to make sure you put yourself and your family first. We appreciate everything you do, just reading our content is a wonderful way to support our site.

--------------------------------------------------------
Become a Patron of CivilWarTalk

All of our members the opportunity to become a Patron of CivilWarTalk. Instead of sending a big lump donation once a year, please support the forum throughout the year using our Patron Upgrade system.

This campaign functions like a monthly or yearly subscription, and will include various rewards depending on how much money you choose to give.

View attachment 154093
Look for the Patron Upgrades Link in your Control Panel!

CLICK HERE to become a Patron of CivilWarTalk, subscriptions start at $12 per year and $3 per month!

What are the Perks for those who Purchase a Patron Subscription?

It varies depending on how much money you choose to spend, but here are some of the perks available:
  • All Google Adsense Ads removed for an ad free browsing experience (All Patrons)
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Post Card in your mailbox
  • Get a CivilWarTalk email address for a year
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Coffee Mug
  • Get a CivilWarTalk Tote Bag
What will the Money be Used For????

Here is a short list of things I'll be using this money for:
  • Domain registration
  • Web server hosting
  • Forum software and accessory add-on maintenance
  • Basic advertising of CivilWarTalk, signs, bookmarks
  • Miscellaneous expenses like gas to drive to battlefields
  • Maintenance of current equipment like my Cameras and PC
Here are the goals that, if met, will allow me to provide new services for CivilWarTalk...
  • If I reach $500 per month:
    • I'll be able to Purchase New Camera Equipment for Video and Still Photography
    • I'll stock up on Giveaways for In-Person Meetups
    • I want to do a video tour of at Battlefield at least once per month with a Guide
    • I want to do some documentary style videos on Reenacting and Skirmishing
  • If I reach $1000 per month:
    • Create a weekly news in review blog style post on CivilWarTalk
    • Attempt to create a monthly video news review on Civil War Topics
  • If I reach $2500 per month:
    • Switch to weekly video news reviews....
  • If I reach $5000 per month:
    • Remove all Google Ads from CivilWarTalk for everyone
Please Note: If I reach a goal, and I'm able to do more for CivilWarTalk, these new features will be available to All visitors!

For Those Who Need an Alternative...

Not a member? Would you still rather contribute to CivilWarTalk the old fashioned way? Although I'd like to encourage you to register as a member and become a Patron, you can still use this page:

http://civilwartalk.com/pages/Contribute/
If I may be so bold, I would like to say that in just a few months of being a member at Civil War Talk I have learned a great deal and have gotten a lot of pleasure from participating in this great site and want to encourage anyone who can to become a patron. You'll never spend a few bucks in a more satisfying way. Thanks.

Last edited: