CivilWarTalk Antietam Muster 2021 (Archived Discussions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there is a comforting thought...
I'll put it this way. TSA was not amused when they found 2, 3inch CW arty shells in my carry on. They were deactivated but boy did they make a stink out of it. Go figure

It's somewhat like being Southernese and trying to work on a 62 year old piece of superb British automobile technology using only British Shop Manuals...spanners, wings, boot ...??? :help:
There's really nothing like trying to figure out how your supposed to clean your oily parts in paraffin? Only to find out that's what they call "Kerosene" across the pond.

I have a question about the Boonsborough Museum-History at 113 N. Main Street in Boonsboro, MD and wondered if anyone local can help me with this. I know Douglas Bast died in March. They put a notice on the web site. They haven't said they closed the museum and in fact are saying it is open on Sundays, May through September or by special appointment.

I would love to have this as a side trip for the Antietam Muster as it is only 6 to 8 miles away and is supposedly an AWESOME little museum. I've called and there is no way to leave a message and in fact, it is Doug Basts' voice saying he can't come to the phone right now, and please call back later:help:.

Is there anyone in the area that can go check this place out and see 1) who a new contact person(s) is? and 2) if they are willing to be open by special appointment for our group on Sunday, October 10th 2021? The website says nominal costs to get in and I'm sure it's not an issue but it's always nice to know what they would like for a contribution.

Thank you,

Tina

Good to see things are coming together, we're already looking at flights. :thumbsup:

Glad to hear it, Rebel Brit. FWIW, we had a 100 million vaccines administered in 100 days national goal set on January 20th. We hit that number yesterday, 42 days early.

As @CivilWarTalk mentioned up thread, West Virginia is ahead of the pack and has got needles in almost half its residents' arms as of today. We're seven months from October and it's only going to get better.

The Boonsboro Museum that @NH Civil War Gal mentioned is closed out of an abundance of caution due to COVID. That should be resolved by October, God willing and the creek don't rise.

Glad to hear it, Rebel Brit. FWIW, we had a 100 million vaccines administered in 100 days national goal set on January 20th. We hit that number yesterday, 42 days early.

As @CivilWarTalk mentioned up thread, West Virginia is ahead of the pack and has got needles in almost half its residents' arms as of today. We're seven months from October and it's only going to get better.

The Boonsboro Museum that @NH Civil War Gal mentioned is closed out of an abundance of caution due to COVID. That should be resolved by October, God willing and the creek don't rise.
Maryland is moving to offering vaccines to all persons over 16 in April so positive news for October.

Thanks for the info, sounds good, was wondering how things are going over there. We're up to 51% of the over 18 population having had at least one dose, so things are certainly looking more positive.

Thanks for the info, sounds good, was wondering how things are going over there. We're up to 51% of the over 18 population having had at least one dose, so things are certainly looking more positive.
I've now had both of my shots, the scariest part of it all was that my wife was just itching to give them to me and after the second shot, all that I could think of was a newspaper ad describing my life: Free to good home, has had all of his shots.

Not to get into politics but the reality is that the state of Maryland and the US as a whole is well behind that number. I think I read Md was like 15% or something low.

I received my first dose a while back and am due for the second on the 30th. I’m in the general population group but the local mass vaccination site wasn’t filling up appointments and messaged that they opened slots to the general public and I snuck in.

On a positive note, thanks to my friend and confederate - in both senses! - Doug @1863surgeon I've discovered that my current Texas driver's license will be sufficient ID for boarding a flight! I have as yet to investigate fares because last time I tried earlier this month it was too soon to book that far in advance with Southwest.

On a positive note, thanks to my friend and confederate - in both senses! - Doug @1863surgeon I've discovered that my current Texas driver's license will be sufficient ID for boarding a flight! I have as yet to investigate fares because last time I tried earlier this month it was too soon to book that far in advance with Southwest.

Why fly when you can drive? If Tom and I are able to make it, (Tom has a better chance than me) we'd be driving last I checked. It enables many pitstops, and hopefully a detour to a spot in Pennsylvania where I can pick up something.

You'd be more than welcome to tag along with us.

Much Thanks, you saved me a trip up there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back