CivilWarTalk Antietam Muster 2021 (Archived Discussions)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as safety and "virtual musters" I'm kind of in the boat of who gives a hoot. Vaccine, or no vaccine the COVID is with us and no sense in letting it keep us all down.

For virtual musters we've got countless threads giving tours and sites, (albeit archived) like Civil War Album that give virtual tours. I know a lot of folks are fearful, for very good reasons, but if there's a massive reenactment like Fort Blakely in Alabama still going on, why should we stay in our houses staring at computer screen instead of touring a battlefield with our substantially smaller group.

Even if we can't do Sharpsburg as planned we got numerous choices all over the map.
Plus with the virtual muster we would all miss the famous " @Rusk County Avengers yearly something stupid" lol.

Plus with the virtual muster we would all miss the famous " @Rusk County Avengers yearly something stupid" lol.

I prefer the term "adventurous" to "stupid" personally.

Lets not forget a certain few, who when together tend to disappear to certain establishments, coming back in the early morning hours shall we say, not at the top of their game.

Last edited:
As much as we make him our favorite target, in reality he's not a bad person; he's just someone that as my Grandmother use to say about me: That boy just ain't right. That said, how are you all doing during this weather?

As much as we make him our favorite target, in reality he's not a bad person; he's just someone that as my Grandmother use to say about me: That boy just ain't right. That said, how are you all doing during this weather?
Mine would have said, "Now leave him be, He's Special"

My parents used to say that about me. So did my grandparents......

And my aunts and uncles.

And all the cousins.

And most all friends.

Maybe there's something to that...

Understandable, just given the state of the virus and it's affects on our National Parks being in a more rural area away from major sites and with more state historic sites seemed like an idea to kick up.

But as @Rusk County Avengers said, the Trans-Mississippi would have to be broken up to either a Prairie Grove/North Arkansas, Camden/South Arkansas, or a Red River/Louisiana meetup.

Nashville/Franklin/Murfreesboro may be the best option, after all as @ucvrelics said, in Tennessee the Cracker Barrel's are still open!
and the hooter's are open to
We are doing ok, we haven't lost power so thats always a plus. From what I have been around @Rusk County Avengers I can tell he isn't a bad person I was just teasing him.

and the hooter's are open to

We are doing ok, we haven't lost power so thats always a plus. From what I have been around @Rusk County Avengers I can tell he isn't a bad person I was just teasing him.
With my career choices, there may have been a great deal of truth in my Grandmother's appraisal. And hang in there, the thaw is just around the corner (I hope). :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I would be interested in the Muster call if you will accept a Yankee. My great-grandfather was with Snow's Battery B, Maryland Light Artillery. The unit was responsible for much of the artillery damage to the area around the Dunker Church. We live about an hour's drive from the battlefield so the Mrs. and I have made several recent visits. The winter time (with no snow) is a good time to see the battlefield. Gettysburg is another place that offers great views during the winter.

@UKMarkw come on over and we will take you all over the Park! @16thAL and his wife @MS2623 live near the Park and know all the good places to go and see the hidden markers and monuments!
@redbob can explain all about the artillery, @ucvrelics knows all about relics, @Rusk County Avengers knows about uniforms and @DixieRifles can explain Fallen Timbers.
If we can get James N. to come he can tell us about his experiences at the battle when he fought there!
Regards
David
Image (15).jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back