Civilian side saddle lady

Thought I would turn this photo upright.

image (3)~2.jpeg

I
Well, here's an update on my side saddle and reenacting adventures. So far, I've only done Gettysburg (didn't bring the horse.) Next year's goal :smile: Anyway, I thought I'd share a few pictures of my custom side saddle habit........ Thank you to everyone who has given me advice along the way, particularly my fellow side saddle lady and spy @Belle Montgomery and @JPK Huson 1863 for all your informative articles :D

View attachment 197353 View attachment 197354 View attachment 197355
I love the color on you! And the drape is fabulous.

You look incredible, gosh! Thank you so much for sharing your photo! There's an implied sound track ( and anti blood sports folks, I'm speaking history here ) ' Away! Away! ', hunting horn somewhere off camera.

Is velvet a tad slippery perched up there? It's elegant as all get-out, have always wondered if it's distracting, too?

Thank you!!!!! I'll let you know how it is to ride in, as I haven't done that yet :unsure::smile:

IMG_20180721_150519.jpg
IMG_20180722_122848.jpg
The ranger had me interviewed in the auditorium by boy scouts earning their merit badges at James A. Garfield Historic Site during the encampment! So nice to see all those young men interested in the Civil War! Very busy weekend...these two pics were taken before opening. More pics to come when others send them to me. As usual @Equestriangirl93 looks stunning in her forest green habit...me...just an "a little up in years" :bounce: spy in droll basic black riding habit with lots of contraband stashed underneath it. LOL See you at Hale Farm @Mrs. V

Last edited:
View attachment 197576 View attachment 197578 The ranger had me interviewed in the auditorium by boy scouts earning their merit badges at James A. Garfield Historic Site during the encampment! So nice to see all those young men interested in the Civil War! Very busy weekend...these two pics were taken before opening. More pics to come when others send them to me. As usual @Equestriangirl93 looks stunning in her forest green habit...me...just an "a little up in years" :bounce: spy in droll basic black riding habit with lots of contraband stashed underneath it. LOL See you at Hale Farm @Mrs. V
Day one I will be wearing a light blue with cream floral outfit, cream lace trim.. Probably a bonnet, but if cloudy then a black snood with antique ribbon and roses. I will be carrying a basket with ginger snap cookie in it for the soldiers..And I will most likely be looking for music, as that is my strongest talent..Day two will be my navy outfit..more 1863 than my other dress..I will post pics before the Hale Farm experience..

Day one I will be wearing a light blue with cream floral outfit, cream lace trim.. Probably a bonnet, but if cloudy then a black snood with antique ribbon and roses. I will be carrying a basket with ginger snap cookie in it for the soldiers..And I will most likely be looking for music, as that is my strongest talent..Day two will be my navy outfit..more 1863 than my other dress..I will post pics before the Hale Farm experience..
Please do!

Back