Civil WarTalk Throwback Thursday, 4 - 8 - 2021

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Image (19).jpg

Since early April marks the anniversary of the Battle of Shiloh I thought Throwback Thursday would revisit a memorable reenactment held nearby in 2007 marking the 145th anniversary. This was one of my few impressions as an assistant surgeon in the field assisting wounded Federals above and Confederates below in the Hornet's Nest scenario. Such "treatment" mainly consisted of providing welcome water and bandaging happily non-existent "wounds". For additional photos from this event please see the thread:

https://civilwartalk.com/threads/145th-anniversary-reenactment-of-shiloh-march-16-18-2007.133078/

L Mink-Shiloh07-002.jpg

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia from reenactments, living history or other events or vacation or other travel is welcome and encouraged to share them with us here in this weekly thread!

AtRest.jpg

Here's a photo from Beaumont Ranch, Grandview Texas circa 2005. This was an annual local event that drew a few hundred reenactors. Primarily an opportunity to camp and drill though there was a small engagement too.

The photo is of the organization I was affiliated with, Company 'G' Texas Rifles. Membership primarily from Houston and Austin Texas areas. I'm the hair challenged guy third from the left in the front rank gazing off into the distance.

RebelLine.jpg

Here is Company 'G' Texas Rifles preparing to advance at a small local event in Jesse Jones Park, Humble, Texas in 2005.

Once again front rank third from the left (until someone taller joined the organization). Though this time I'm paying attention. :D

View attachment 397069

Here's a photo from Beaumont Ranch, Grandview Texas circa 2005. This was an annual local event that drew a few hundred reenactors. Primarily an opportunity to camp and drill though there was a small engagement too.

The photo is of the organization I was affiliated with, Company 'G' Texas Rifles. Membership primarily from Houston and Austin Texas areas. I'm the hair challenged guy third from the left in the front rank gazing off into the distance.
I heard many stories of Beaumont Ranch, can't say I ever made it out there though.

Back