Civil War Trust Animated Ft. Sumter Map

The Sumter animated map is superb. Haven't watched the Franklin one yet, thanks for posting Nate.

The Sumter animated map is superb. Haven't watched the Franklin one yet, thanks for posting Nate.

You're most welcome. I love 'em. So do my kids. I will admit, having an ancestor who was wounded and captured at Franklin, I almost throw up watching him march down the hill toward the Union lines. Makes it much more immediate, you know?

You're most welcome. I love 'em. So do my kids. I will admit, having an ancestor who was wounded and captured at Franklin, I almost throw up watching him march down the hill toward the Union lines. Makes it much more immediate, you know?

I imagine so. Larry's posts on the battle caused me to read about it...all I can say is God bless the boys who, under orders, walked into that situation, Cleburne, all of them.

Many thanks for posting those Nathan! I've never seen the animated map of Fort Sumpter so really enjoyed it and have a much, much better understanding now in my mind.

Of course I also enjoyed the animated Battle of Franklin map too, although I've watched it so many times I've lost count! :eek:

As you, I had kin involved at Franklin so especially interested in it.

Actually, I can spend waaaay too much time watching all of the animated maps! I've watched them all over and over. What an improved learning tool they are! Much more info can be absorbed and understood in lots shorter time than shuffling maps back and forth.

Back