Civil War: The Untold Story Documentary

Chattahooch33

Sergeant Major
Annual Winner
I am sure some of you have seen this but there is a new PBS documentary coming out this February that focuses on the Western Theater. It was made by Great Divide Pictures and was formed from the new interpretive videos at Shiloh, Chickamauga, and Kennesaw Mountain Battlefields. There are some big names who provide insight, great animated maps, and realistic battle footage.
Chris Wheeler, the director of the documentary states that many nationwide public broadcasting stations have picked up the film but it will be up to the stations when it will be aired so they may air it at separate times.
I hope you all will help spread the word about this and build a viewership for this well-researched and well produced film. A ton of work went into it and it should be spectacular. It was a blast to take part in the filming and was certainly one of the high points of my reenacting career. There is even a cameo by Mr. @CheathamHill portraying Col. Dan McCook, who he has researched for years, reciting Horatio at the Gate (which actually occurred) before storming Cheatham Hill at Kennesaw Mountain

Here is a 4:00 preview of the documentary.

Great Divide has really done something only a few others have done before as far as authenticity, advisers and research and the entire team was fantastic to work with. This is several years in the making and, though it will rustle some jimmies at times (as all fact based historical programs do..), it will be an exceptional series.

Please also like/follow the Civil War: The Untold Story facebook page. They update it often and spark lots of lively conversations as well...

https://www.facebook.com/CivilWarTheUntoldStory

Excellent! Looking forward to it. Thanks for posting.

Back