CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 8-9-18

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
2017-08-12 13.27.11 Me, Bobby, & J.D. Stevens, Jefferson.jpg

This week's Throwback only goes back a year to the August, 2017 annual Civil War Symposium at Jefferson, Texas. Pictured above are Yours Truly with Bobby (@bdtex ) and J. D. Stevens eyeballing the auction table for potential treasures. (Last year I "won" two passes to Fort Worth's Texas Civil War Museum!) Tomorrow I set out once again for Jefferson and the Symposium; this year I'm bringing along my collection of U. S. regulation rifles, muskets, and leather gear to display. Looking forward to it!

Anyone else having preferably old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia are welcome and encouraged to post them here too!

Last edited:
I "won" a full registration to this year's Symposium and I have my 10% off card for The Jefferson Hotel. Glad you posted that. I'll have to remember to not wear the same shirt on Saturday. :D

I "won" a full registration to this year's Symposium and I have my 10% off card for The Jefferson Hotel. Glad you posted that. I'll have to remember to not wear the same shirt on Saturday. :D
I had the same realization when I copied this picture you posted last year! And you can bet I "used" the 10% discount when I made my reservation this time too. We probably ought to take our umbrellas along this time though.

Last edited:
Back