CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 8-3-17

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
Image (3)A.jpg

From the Bicentennial in 1976 comes this photo of the reenacting group I originally belonged to, Good's Texas Battery, in action at Jefferson Barracks, Missouri. I've circled myself far down the line; but it's my friend in the foreground, Lt. Jim Marrs looking through his field glasses at the enemy, to whom this particular Throwback Thursday is dedicated. In the WWII movie The Longest Day actor Richard Burton playing a British fighter pilot observes how the few of us keep on becoming the fewer - and so it seems for the original crop of reenactors as well: I just received word that Jim died yesterday from kidney failure at the age of 73; for more, please see: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/remembering-jim-marrs.137374/

Anyone else having old Civil War-related photos to share, please do so!

Last edited:
View attachment 151845

From the Bicentennial in 1976 comes this photo of the reenacting group I originally belonged to, Good's Texas Battery, in action at Jefferson Barracks, Missouri. I've circled myself far down the line; but it's my friend in the foreground, Lt. Jim Marrs looking through his field glasses at the enemy, to whom this particular Throwback Thursday is dedicated. In the WWII movie The Longest Day actor Richard Burton playing a British fighter pilot observes how the few of us keep on becoming the fewer - and so it seems for the original crop of reenactors as well: I just received word that Jim died yesterday from kidney failure at the age of 73; for more, please see: https://civilwartalk.com/threads/remembering-jim-marrs.137374/

Anyone else having old Civil War-related photos to share, please do so!
Three photos from Fort Sumter, 2002.
FB_IMG_1501789234683.jpg

FB_IMG_1501789300431.jpg

FB_IMG_1501789310160.jpg

My father in law passed away last week, and he is the one who shared his love of skirmishing with his son, and by extension my sons.

nationals 2017.jpg

This one is from this past spring Nationals

Untitled3.JPG

and I think this is from my first nationals, just after the cannon competition. circa 1999

My father in law passed away last week, and he is the one who shared his love of skirmishing with his son, and by extension my sons.

. View attachment 151873
This one is from this past spring Nationals

View attachment 151874
and I think this is from my first nationals, just after the cannon competition. circa 1999
Condolences on the loss of your father-in-law to you and your family, @ami .

Back