CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 6-18-2020

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
20181026_180517crop.jpg

This week's Throwback Thursday only goes back a couple of years to our memorable October, 2018 CivilWarTalk Gathering at Chickamauga, Georgia. The scene is at our hotel where in the lobby we were regaled by our very own @ucvrelics Richard McCardle with his reproduction mountain howitzer known as the Lost Cause Cannon; in the photo above from left to right are Rich, Yours Truly, @major bill, and @archieclement, while below I'm getting a little "private instruction." I wanted to recognize Rich for his appearance in the current June 2020 issue of Civil War Times Magazine on p.22 describing the Middle Tennessee Civil War Show held at Franklin! (And thanks very much to whoever it was who took these photos - sorry I didn't make a record of who I'd stolen copied them from.)

15405896691692100991869542725489.jpg

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia from reenactments or other events or vacation or other travel is welcome and encouraged to share them with us in this weekly thread!

Last edited:
I have to build a bigger cannon that small howitzer makes me look fat. :whistling:

Back