Civil War Talk Throwback Thursday, 5-9-19

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Image (12) 125.jpg

This week one of my old reenacting threads https://civilwartalk.com/threads/with-the-u-o-battalion-at-125th-gettysburg-july-1988.115235/ has been resurrected and has recieved some new attention, so I thought I'd revisit it also for today's Throwback Thursday. I'm at center above, with trusty First Sergeant Glen Hargis by my side, at the head of our small thirty-man company at the 125th anniversary Gettysburg reenactment in July, 1988; we are at assembly and arms inspection for the Federal force prior to the Wheatfield scenario on a very hot Saturday afternoon. Note the Second Corps trefoil insignia on my right breast, some forage caps, and the headquarters flag in the background; we represented part of the 28th Massachusetts of the Irish Brigade in Caldwell's First Division of Hancock's Second Corps in this scenario.

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related travel, vacation, reenacting, or other photos, mementoes, or memorabilia and would like to share them with us is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

Last edited:

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!