CivilWarTalk Throwback Thursday, 5-23-19

James N.

Colonel
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
Asst. Regtl. Quartermaster Antietam 2021
DSC05966.JPG

This week's throwback is only to last year and my marathon "excursion" to most of the major battlefields of the war, in this case Vicksburg NMP, Mississippi. This seemed appropriate since yesterday was the anniversary of U. S. Grant's last attempt to take the city by assault, and like the previous try on May 19, 1863, it too was a failure, resulting in the subsequent siege. Here I'm standing beside a six-pounder gun somewhere on Union Avenue in the emplacement below.

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related reenacting, travel, vacation or other photos, mementoes, or memorabilia and would like to share them with us is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

DSC05964.JPG

You are getting younger and I'm getting older? Great Photo looking, forward to seeing you at Vicksburg

Last edited:
View attachment 308758

This week's throwback is only to last year and my marathon "excursion" to most of the major battlefields of the war, in this case Vicksburg NMP, Mississippi. This seemed appropriate since yesterday was the anniversary of U. S. Grant's last attempt to take the city by assault, and like the previous try on May 19, 1863, it too was a failure, resulting in the subsequent siege. Here I'm standing beside a six-pounder gun somewhere on Union Avenue in the emplacement below.

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related reenacting, travel, vacation or other photos, mementoes, or memorabilia and would like to share them with us is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

View attachment 308760
Nice pics.

Back