Civil War Talk Throwback Thursday, 5-2-19

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
DSC05845.JPG

This week's Throwback Thursday only retreats a single year, back to April, 2018 and my marathon trip with @1863surgeon Doug Garnett and his son Bradley to most of the battlefields of Middle Tennessee and the Eastern Theater of the war. I was especially glad for the opportunity to revisit Fredericksburg and Chancellorsville for the first time since briefly in 1991 after wrapping the military scenes in Last of the Mohicans. Above, a chance photo taken in Chancellorsville clearing, site of the wartime Chancellor House, by an unknown tourist who asked me if I would take his picture with his camera, he would take one of me using mine; below is another I took at the same NPS tour stop. I chose the subject because today is the anniversary of Jackson's flank march, rout of the Eleventh Corps, and fatal wounding, as recorded in this thread I made when I returned: https://www.civilwartalk.com/threads/the-campaign-of-chancellorsville-may-1-5-1863.145416/

DSC05846.JPG

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related vacation, travel, or reenactment photos, mementoes, or memorabilia and would like to share them is welcome and encouraged to do so in this weekly thread!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!