Civil War Talk Throwback Thursday, 1-17-19

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
1547773906014.png

Since I'd already posted this photo in the CWT 2019 Gathering thread I thought it was a fit subject for here as well! This week's Throwback is to the mid-1980's when our group was regularly attending what was then an annual event at Champion's Hill near Bolton, Mississippi on ground that had been during the May, 1863 battle the extreme Confederate right or southern flank near the Coker House. Above, I'm pictured with my friend Marty Brazil (@Marty US Grant) of Biloxi, Mississippi at one of the later events held there. We are currently in the process of discussing/deciding whether or not Vicksburg and its campaign will be the location of this year's CWT Gathering.

Anyone else having (preferably) old Civil War-related photos, mementoes, or memorabilia from reenactments, vacations, or whatever is welcome and encouraged to share them with us in this weekly thread!

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

James N.

Lt. Colonel
Forum Host
Civil War Photo Contest
Annual Winner
Featured Book Reviewer
It'd be awesome if there were an annual Champion's Hill event today, or a Siege of Vicksburg for that matter.
I actually attended a siege reenactment, but it was out in the middle of nowhere and I didn't see any of the group I normally participated with so cut out for a solo tour of campaign sites instead! One year the NPS hosted a living history event right IN the park; for a description of THAT: https://www.civilwartalk.com/thread...-living-history-in-vicksburg-nmp-1983.124546/

1547828080125.png

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!