Civil War Skinny Dipping

With all due respect, this image is mild. There is a well known image of a Union soldier which I won't post, full frontal with him wearing only his Bummers cap, waist belt with cap box and bayonet. At least these soldiers are covered from the waist down.

main_900.jpg

Let's see if all of us can get thread banned at the same time!
Nah....:nah disagree: the only Moderators on right now are @jgoodguy and @JerseyBart . Surely they won't thread ban ALL of us at once? :bounce:

If @chellers was on right now, she'd be jumping in on the "size and quality" comment so I think we are safe. :unsure:

Sheesh. One little old mention of WhitPics, and everyone's all atwitter. Did anyone even click on the TheAtlantic link in my first post?! :tongue:

Ah well. Let's sum up what we've learned so far:

1) Nudity has always been funny.
2) The chances of me ever skinny dipping have been dramatically reduced after reading about those leeches.
3) Walt was a great guy, but I probably wouldn't go camping with him.

(Who are we kidding. I don't camp.)

4) "Boogity Boogity" means something and needs to be used in conversation whenever possible. What it means, I don't know. I still have to use it though.

Nah....:nah disagree: the only Moderators on right now are @jgoodguy and @JerseyBart . Surely they won't thread ban ALL of us at once? :bounce:

If @chellers was on right now, she'd be jumping in on the "size and quality" comment so I think we are safe. :unsure:
huh who woke me up. dang cannot take a nap without someone pestering me.

Sheesh. One little old mention of WhitPics, and everyone's all atwitter. Did anyone even click on the TheAtlantic link in my first post?! :tongue:

Ah well. Let's sum up what we've learned so far:

1) Nudity has always been funny.
2) The chances of me ever skinny dipping have been dramatically reduced after reading about those leeches.
3) Walt was a great guy, but I probably wouldn't go camping with him.

(Who are we kidding. I don't camp.)

4) "Boogity Boogity" means something and needs to be used in conversation whenever possible. What it means, I don't know. I still have to use it though.

I guess I don't count as a Moderator.

All kidding aside. Nude photographs taken during 1850's and 1860's by American photographers are extremely rare and sell for big dollars.

OMG! :laugh:

I'll just go ahead and page @Eleanor Rose to this thread. :D I feel like she would appreciate this discussion.

Okay, of course I immediately Googled "Walt Whitman naked" and it was to say the least quite entertaining. :giggle: I mean come on folks - it's Walt Whitman, the author of Leaves of Grass. He even served as a Civil War nurse. You have to give him credit, he appears to have posed for the picture later in his life and he was always an advocate for men swimming and sunbathing nude. He said doing this made him feel closer to nature. This thread title made my head:spin:! Way to dangle (pardon the pun) the carrot right in front of us @LoriAnn! That was a master move! :wink:

Back