Civil War Roundtable

bama_belle

Cadet
I wasn't sure where to put this, so forgive me if I've placed it in the wrong spot.

My daughter recently found a notice in a local newspaper about a Civil War Roundtable in the Birmingham Alabama area.

My husband and I attended last Thursday night and enjoyed it very much, so I thought I would share the information here in case there are others in my area that read here, and would like to attend such an event.

The group meets every second Thursday of each month at 6:00 for dinner, and 7:00 for the discussion at the Picadilly Cafeteria in Hoover, AL.

For those of you not quite familiar with the area, travel Highway 31 toward Pelham, pass the Galleria about 1/4 mile on the left there is a small shopping center with a Hobby Lobby and such. The cafeteria is in that shopping center.

There are several right here in Wisconsin, and the Milwaukee Chapter just had James McPhearson speak at it last week Thursday. I had wanted to go but just ran out of time, which was to bad. He was doing a talk on Licoln and whether he was a better commander in cheif then his own generals were. Would have been interesting to go and listen to.

Jenna

Roundtables

samgrant said:
Belle,
Below is a link to a description of the February meeting's guest at the CWRT in Chicago, which I unfortunately missed.
I hope to get more involved in these.
http://www.thecwrt.org/feb.htm
Sam,
Although I'll be updating in a day or 2, the speakers for my RT's 2006 symposium taking place April 1(no fooling), it's shown under its own link near the top of my homepage. We are located at Kankakee, IL. Take a look. You might find it interesting, plus if you can get down here, besides myself, if time allows, you might be able to meet up with Ken also.
Chuck in IL.

Jenna, can you please get someone to give you the gist of McPherson's talk on Lin*** and share it with us?

Sure Gary, I'll check with one of their members and see what all happened. I was bummed to not have gone, but family and time was just not mixing. But I will see what I can find out for you.

Jenna

BTW, the great thing about roundtables is not only the camaraderie and opportunity to discuss the war, but the lectures on areas that may have no appeal to you. It broadens your knowledge and understanding - even if you don't care about it.

That is one of the things that drew me, Gary.

I am constantly reading things to my husband because he just doesn't like to read, yet loves for me to read to him....

This is a wonderful opportunity for me to listen to someone else for a change!

Back