Civil War + Revolution On The Rio Grande Frontier

Polloco

First Sergeant
I stumbled upon a most interesting book the other day. I really wasnt sure which forum to post this thread as it could probably fit into several differant categories. The book itself deals with a specific region in the mid 1800's, the people in that region and the photographers who captured the images. The title of the book is "Civil War + Revolution on the Rio Grande Frontier" by Jerry Thompson and Lawrence Jones lll. It deals with differant photographers of that region including the Prussian Louis de Planque. A most interesting and educational book, its a glimpse into the Civil War in other than the Eastern Theatre.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

DaveBrt

Sergeant Major
I stumbled upon a most interesting book the other day. I really wasnt sure which forum to post this thread as it could probably fit into several differant categories. The book itself deals with a specific region in the mid 1800's, the people in that region and the photographers who captured the images. The title of the book is "Civil War + Revolution on the Rio Grande Frontier" by Jerry Thompson and Lawrence Jones lll. It deals with differant photographers of that region including the Prussian Louis de Planque. A most interesting and educational book, its a glimpse into the Civil War in other than the Eastern Theatre.
At $135 and UP on Amazon, this is an ILL candidate.

Polloco

First Sergeant
Some of my best reading comes from ILL Plus they can get me the large print, when possible.

Polloco

First Sergeant
Thank You , that is the image of the Prussian Photographer Louis de Planque reading the Daily Ranchero in 1865. This was a staged view taken in his studio by his wife Eugenia. Photography throughout the South suffered from want of chemicals. De Planque apparantely had a good supply from Mexico.

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!