Civil War + Revolution On The Rio Grande Frontier

Polloco

First Sergeant
I stumbled upon a most interesting book the other day. I really wasnt sure which forum to post this thread as it could probably fit into several differant categories. The book itself deals with a specific region in the mid 1800's, the people in that region and the photographers who captured the images. The title of the book is "Civil War + Revolution on the Rio Grande Frontier" by Jerry Thompson and Lawrence Jones lll. It deals with differant photographers of that region including the Prussian Louis de Planque. A most interesting and educational book, its a glimpse into the Civil War in other than the Eastern Theatre.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)

DaveBrt

Sergeant Major
I stumbled upon a most interesting book the other day. I really wasnt sure which forum to post this thread as it could probably fit into several differant categories. The book itself deals with a specific region in the mid 1800's, the people in that region and the photographers who captured the images. The title of the book is "Civil War + Revolution on the Rio Grande Frontier" by Jerry Thompson and Lawrence Jones lll. It deals with differant photographers of that region including the Prussian Louis de Planque. A most interesting and educational book, its a glimpse into the Civil War in other than the Eastern Theatre.
At $135 and UP on Amazon, this is an ILL candidate.

Polloco

First Sergeant
Thank You , that is the image of the Prussian Photographer Louis de Planque reading the Daily Ranchero in 1865. This was a staged view taken in his studio by his wife Eugenia. Photography throughout the South suffered from want of chemicals. De Planque apparantely had a good supply from Mexico.

(Membership has it privileges! To remove this ad: Register NOW!)