Civil War Railroads

Oh no... the non-existent forum is already being polarized. Foamers vs anti-foamers, heads vs enthusiasts, narrow gauge vs 6 footers, steam vs diesel, Baldwin vs - well, everyone...come on folks!?! Can't we all just get along?!?

Where are those not-quite-yet hosts?!? We are off to a bad start... :wink:

Pulling some legs,
USS ALASKA
You should see some of the railroad forums, they would argue over the color of the sky and God forbid you ask in their eyes a dumb question. You hardly see that on here other than as a Confederate reenactor there are some threads that I should never even click on. One of these days I'll know better. I'd look forward to some foaming with you guys.

You should see some of the railroad forums, they would argue over the color of the sky and God forbid you ask in their eyes a dumb question. You hardly see that on here other than as a Confederate reenactor there are some threads that I should never even click on. One of these days I'll know better. I'd look forward to some foaming with you guys.
Only period foaming will be allowed. :D

You should see some of the railroad forums, they would argue over the color of the sky

I've seen worse. In one Facebook group, a guy once threatened me with violence because I had a suggestion about how their local tourist railroad could increase ticket sales! He said they didn't put up with outsiders questioning the judgment of the local guy who ran the little struggling railroad. He doesn't know that the internet is for expressing opinions? Where has he been for the last 20 years? I blocked him right away.

I'd look forward to some foaming with you guys.

This group is going to continue to have fun together, as long as we have a place to post, no matter if it's a dedicated forum section or not, or if anybody has an official yellow ribbon title under their name or not.

I'm about ten years past caring about titles or official anything. Did all that, lived through it and came out the other side. I'm over it.

Whenever and wherever you have a good group of nice, polite people who care about a subject, good things are going to happen.

Why do I think I may get banned from this non-existent forum??? :redface:

Blasphemer!!!! She's a WITCH! She turned me into a NEWT!! I...I...I got better... :thumbsup: (Today's Monty Python reference)

No one gets banned from the NERF! (Non-Existent Railroad Fourm) All ABOARD!!! (OK, that was worse than the Monty Python joke - I'll stop now)

And I'm not a Foamer but rather a Frother - kinda rabid that way...

USS ALASKA

B
I've seen worse. In one Facebook group, a guy once threatened me with violence because I had a suggestion about how their local tourist railroad could increase ticket sales! He said they didn't put up with outsiders questioning the judgment of the local guy who ran the little struggling railroad. He doesn't know that the internet is for expressing opinions? Where has he been for the last 20 years? I blocked him right away.

This group is going to continue to have fun together, as long as we have a place to post, no matter if it's a dedicated forum section or not, or if anybody has an official yellow ribbon title under their name or not.

I'm about ten years past caring about titles or official anything. Did all that, lived through it and came out the other side. I'm over it.

Whenever and wherever you have a good group of nice, polite people who care about a subject, good things are going to happen.
Been following this thread with interest from the start but my knowledge of CW railroading is pretty limited so haven't had anything to contribute. If I have some non period foaming I'll put it over at the camp fire chat like my narrow gauge visit a few weeks ago.

Back