Civil War pistol beauty contest.

major bill

Brev. Brig. Gen'l
Forum Host
Certainly, a beautiful pistol is one the fires when you need it most. That said, some Civil War era pistols are, at least to me, more attractive than others. So which Civil War pistols are "good looking'?

So do we have the beauty pageant winner here? Or is a more classic design more attractive?
revolver 3.jpg

Well, Major Bill, the problem with your question is that they are all so beautiful in their own way. It's like you're asking me to judge which of my former girlfriends was the prettiest. There is no possible answer to a question like that. They were all supremely beautiful to me...just like these wonderful old pistols.

Ive never liked the Adams as all the ones I have owned and held just didn't fit my hand as the piece of wood grip at the top does not fit ever hand. I know it was designed to keep the hand from sliding up the grip but if you have small hands they just don't fit.

I exclude all pistols with spur triggers. They look way to dangerous. l feel like I would shoot myself.

I have to disagree with you Major Bill. I prefer the spur trigger on my carry pistol and while I don't have a photo and can't afford an original I've always liked the spur trigger Colt's I believe is called the Root. In my book it is just called the "New Model Pocket Pistol." There is just something very sleek about the spur trigger revolver.

There is a certain beauty to the lines of the Mass Arms Adam revolver. The slanted/rounded area under the trigger which continued down the butt of the revolver. Over all it has a clean look.

Back