Civil War Photographs

They're really nice photographs, but i'm not crazy about mixing modern reenactor photos with Civil War era photos without any explanation. Half or more of those images appear to be modern.
If you are correct in your observation, it would make for an interesting contest for members to count and submit the number of photos in the video they feel are modern.

I looked back through the pictures and I counted four that I'm confident are original CW; four that I wasn't sure of (portraits); and 22 are modern. (#5, 9, 10 and 24 are original. #12, 13, 25 and 26 not sure of.) They are very well done--too well done to be mixed with originals without a disclaimer. It's like visiting a museum exhibit and being unsure if the artifacts are original or not.

I looked back through the pictures and I counted four that I'm confident are original CW; four that I wasn't sure of (portraits); and 22 are modern. (#5, 9, 10 and 24 are original. #12, 13, 25 and 26 not sure of.) They are very well done--too well done to be mixed with originals without a disclaimer. It's like visiting a museum exhibit and being unsure if the artifacts are original or not.
I had the same thoughts. What do you think about the one with the Confederates standing in and on the boxcar? They look too well fed to me. Now that I look at it again, I would bet money it is not period. Too bad though.

Last edited:
I had the same thoughts. What do you think about the one with the Confederates standing in and on the boxcar? They look too well fed to me. Now that I look at it again, I would bet money it is not period. Too bad though.
That would be a gem indeed, if it were kosher, but I agree that it's a modern photo.

That would be a gem indeed, if it were kosher, but I agree that it's a modern photo.
Another gem of a photo from the video would be this one. Whoever executed and reenacted the scene went to a lot of planning as to its detail and photographic technique...

1629745443417.png

Back