Civil War Monuments

Fewer ads. Lots of American Civil War content!
JOIN NOW: REGISTER HERE!

DWMustang66

Cadet
I have been doing resaearch for a book of Civil War letters written by a relative prior to his death at Shiloh. I recieved a photo months ago that lists a few names on a section of a Civil War monument and incudes my relatives name. I was new at researh and regret that I did not make note of who sent me the photo. I believe the monument would be in Galena, Ilinois as my relative was with the 15th Regiment, Company E from Jo Davies County Ill.. Does anyone know of this monument and where I might find a photo of the complete monument? I have contacted The Galena Museum and they were not able to help me. I would appreciate any suggestions.

DWMustang66

Cadet
Thanks everyone. The photo I have looks like the monument in Galena shared by Jimlag. Great photos, thank you! I just realized that my photo is just the side with my relatives name. The name is Samuel W. Godfrey and is the 7th name from the top in the middle row. I have been referred to the Galena City Hall to possibly get a photo and am waiting for an answer. I don't want to use a photo in my book without crediting the source.